HRVP44 vs. VP44

Now I see why Chris is so about P-pumping his truck. You rub off on him too much Tom.LOL

feelmecummin said:
smoken, as far as i know theres only one pump from scheid. maybe if youre someone special you can get a better one, but ive never heard of it.

Roy

Didnt think so, someone told me they thought there was more than one stage. Just trying to clarify that.

From what i understand. They onl difference in a HRVP and a so is just in the electronics. There is nothing else internally in the pump. Is this correct???

i have heard both that there isnt and is internal parts different than SO pump. i believe, could be wrong, that the electronics are RV electronics.

jktcummins said:
From what i understand. They onl difference in a HRVP and a so is just in the electronics. There is nothing else internally in the pump. Is this correct???

Not all are built the same, but as I understand it, the one I was using had parts from both an HO and an SO pump.

Paul

There is a guy near me who knows everything about vp44's since he beta tested a product, and he says the HRVP44 make a big difference over an SO pump, and the best part is that you can get them cheaper than a mopar replacement stock pump.

He is older than me and works at a dealer too, so he should know what he is talking about. I wish I was 40 so I too could know something.

paulb said:
Not all are built the same, but as I understand it, the one I was using had parts from both an HO and an SO pump.

Paul

99% are HO/SO And if you do buy ,ask them has it been calibrated

Ok well the SOB is ordered and should be here by Monday or tuesday. Just in time for houston.:rockwoot:

Rods said:
Just pondering something If you took half of a 500hp supposed limted pump and combine it with half of a 600 hp supported pump how u can get more hp support ?????

I've often wondered the same thing. I'd like to see some dyno numbers of #2 only on the same pickup between an SO and HRVP.

Well i got it in before houston. Know my truck is running very weired. Top end is sputtering. I put it on the dyno down there and only pulled 459hp. Last year with Jammer 4's, same turbo, edge juice i pushed 424. This year i have added Haisley cam, II 10 holes, conecting tubes, head work, smarty, and a II HRVP and i gain 30 hp. Whats up with that.

I would try one box that does both timing/fuel (wire tap box) I love the smarty for that quick git but I was on the dyno for an hour tryen a JVD H then stacked it with a smarty and then I tried a OLD comp HOT (one of the first 5 ) and I gained 128 HP over the other setups soo who knows unfornatly the VP trucks are so different how they take to one setup to another is crazy , one guy will put this and this on and make 500 were the other 5 guys cant break 400 to 450 same setup

BTW any body how Hi a VP truck has been on a untaped box single turbo #2 only ???? Doing some testing tomorrow on a new box for the VP guys

Last edited:
well it does fuel and timing but not as much as with a wire tap , but that option will b later

Well i pulled my edge and 10 holes and .093 tubes out today. And guess what my wired idle stopped. all seems fine other than it is still sputtering.

SO what boxes are good to stack on a HRVP truck. I know i can only make 459hp on a smarty and Juice. Ready to try something else.

jktcummins said:
Well i pulled my edge and 10 holes and .093 tubes out today. And guess what my wired idle stopped. all seems fine other than it is still sputtering.

SO what boxes are good to stack on a HRVP truck. I know i can only make 459hp on a smarty and Juice. Ready to try something else.
i found out the reason y i dynoed so low last week, i had a major issue with my redline but got it all fixed. i ended up doing 497 with a silver bullet 66, power puck and injectors. should be plus or minus 600 on fuel now that the box is workin correctly. i also had boost issues but i think thats becuase the box was not workin. as far as boxes go, you cant go wrong with either a DRAG comp, TST comp or a Redline. all of the above will make some serious power, but as Rods has said, it will very from truck to truck. right now, the HRVP , Redline unlimited version, and power puck performs the best on my truck.

If you set the pop on the injectors the funny idle usally will stop , I would have them tested to see were there at first

Well i pop tested the jammer 4's myself and they do not idle funny. But the 10 hole were from II and they had some lift. I just think the lopy idle was the combo of the new HRVP and the .093 tubes. DOes anyone know when the new Quad is suppose to be ready to go????? I am thinking about trying a tst but if the quad is going to be the way to go then i am going to try it.

HRVP's have a tendency to have a lopey idle. Hence another reason that I won't buy one.

I dont understand why know body likes the lopey idle. I guess if you had to drive it every day it would get annoying. I've been into muscle cars for years and a lopey idle is a big thing.

If I didn't drive my truck 5-600 miles a week and in traffic and used it only as a weekend play toy then I probably wouldn't mind it. But seeing as how I do all that then I don't wanna deal with it. My buddy had a big cam in his mustang and I've driven it and it was a pain to deal with that. Granted it needed some tuning but I wouldn't live with a car that almost dies just trying to maintain idle.