HT4B turbo

Dito on the 480 question and is there a smaller housing that anyone knows of, a 28 seems big.....thinking out loud.

Jim

Dito on the 480 question and is there a smaller housing that anyone knows of, a 28 seems big.....thinking out loud.

Jim

I run a 29 on mine and works good as a single there is a 26 last i checked for new is about $500

According to that shadey master list of turbos that's floating around, the HT4B flows 1800 cfm and is just below the big brother at 1900 cfm. That equates to roughly 125 lbs per minute of airflow. I don't know if I believe that or not.

Does anyone know or have input?

How would this turbo work under a 62/71/13 on a 12 valve? Would it be to much to spool with an automatic trans? Is the Exhaus housing a 28cm?? Or 26?

i think it a 28cm. it should spool well. i got a buddy that is running the same turbo with a 66/74/14 on top and spools fine. he drives it every day. it on a vp-44 truck too.

According to that shadey master list of turbos that's floating around, the HT4B flows 1800 cfm and is just below the big brother at 1900 cfm. That equates to roughly 125 lbs per minute of airflow. I don't know if I believe that or not.

Does anyone know or have input?

That sounds right, if not more. People have ran this turbo into the LOW11's and even 10's. A member on here runs one under a 66/71 on his pull truck(black chevy dually with a 12v, I think its Ryan B?) from HTT, called it there super ht4c, and was told it would easily outflow a big brother. Don't know what all was done to it but the wheel specs looked standard.Darren Morrison ran one, actually an ht4c, (may have been modified, it was from keating) on the black mamba under a sledpuller 66, and said it was one of the best spooling setups he had. And it just happened to run in the 10's also. I know I am talking ht4c's here, but the 4b is very similar I believe.Hope this helps.

P.S. I am building twins with a 4c right now with a 62/71/13 on top. Should be fun.

just to give people an idea of the size of this wheel! look how big it is on the bottom, that it sit on top of the intake of a ht3b turbo, while the ht3b wheel has plenty of room to drop in and roam around.. excellent price by the way.

Attachments

• ht4 6.jpg
    ht4 6.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 56
  • ht4 7.jpg
    ht4 7.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 51