Humor me... Aluminum rods 'n' piston weight.

Brandon, you going to add any mallory to the crank just so you can balance the crank.

I hope to get some stock weights on all the parts, just for kicks and giggles. I bet just running an aluminum rod would save 1 to 2 lbs, per rod by itself. I was planning on milling the bottom of the stock piston. I'm running a 370 marine piston, at $75 a hole, I can go thru a few.
I won't be running a Cummins crank in the aluminum build.

How long are they living?

as long as you want if you know how to build a engine. add a bunch of stupid heavy parts stupid tuning,and a unballenced assy and tons of rpm, you will have issue's ya cant fix stupid.

Bean's didn't last long at all lost a couple I know it's sled pulling but still have that strain of 6K on the crank.

Yeah I heard he broke his. It is hard for me to point a finger and say the crank isn't holding up when more information about a build isn't known. All I know is he went to aftermarket rods and the crank decided to give up. There are plenty of other factors that could be the reason the crank decided to let go other than the "stock cranks won't hold up to 6k".

as long as you want if you know how to build a engine. add a bunch of stupid heavy parts stupid tuning,and a unballenced assy and tons of rpm, you will have issue's ya cant fix stupid.

I know Wade, I'm no idiot. I was asking because I have yet to hear of a stock crank not holding up excluding Bean's truck. People love to regurgitate information on this site and jump to conclusions, and I was looking for some proof.

Last edited:
A stock untouched cummins crank will not fair well above 5500rpms for a couple reasons and it has nothing to do with tuning or bearing clearance etc. Oiling is one issue for sure another is with the crank itself. A clue- torsional resonance

I didnt break a crank with high rpm, I did however break a crank in the Bullet when it made 2000+ftlbs at 2400rpms. Low rpm tq breaks things, high rpm hp creates a whole new set of issues.

A stock untouched cummins crank will not fair well above 5500rpms for a couple reasons and it has nothing to do with tuning or bearing clearance etc. Oiling is one issue for sure another is with the crank itself. A clue- torsional resonance

I didnt break a crank with high rpm, I did however break a crank in the Bullet when it made 2000+ftlbs at 2400rpms. Low rpm tq breaks things, high rpm hp creates a whole new set of issues.

so for the 5500 + do you balance it and call it good, or need to go to full circle or?

bdp, what crank/rods combo you guys running on the 5500+ rpm run that broke? Lossing the weight on the rods sure would help the crank survive up there.

To bad we CTD guys need a decent breathing cylinder head that will flow enough air to justify spinning the engine that fast.

Oh I thought Wade had a Cummins Engine Program as well?

All diesel engines are the same right? A v8 that turns 5k has to be pretty close to an inline 6 that turns 7k, cant be that big of a differance right?

RPM is RPM Bean..... No matter what the configuration. We found this out in my Rotary engine program that was spawned when my F1 engines needed HP and reliability above 15000 RPM. You just have to have the right combination of parts, and people. Some of the brightest minds in the F1 world know about this, and they will revolutionize the industry soon. Some of the top work stock pullers in the country are running this technology, with standalone RPM regulation and my program, we will see gains... Because gasser engine builders know diesel better than anyone.

Didnt you know, I had so much rev-gain that when I hit 6000rpms the rods out accelerated the crank which got the protons in the crank out of sync splitting the crank all the way end to end creating a 12 cylinder motor for an instant before hitting Mach1 at the flywheel then spun a bearing. No one else has this kind of technology, I just forgot to put in the lope tune and thats why it all went to sh1t.

Stop already. I'm trying to watch this one and my sarcasm filter keeps clogging up. Can i just pay for the info?

Ask Wade, he has all the answers.

Bean, bite your lip. Im tired of your mouth. I know your being a smart a** You have a problem with my answers, fine, dont read them.

I have spent a lot of time and money developing things for these engines that you have no idea about, i have brought to market stuff for the 6.7 and 5.9 and duramax, that no one else has!

My carnage list is smaller than your pecker!

Apparently your not as sharp as you think you are. other wise you would have known a stock unballanced/unimprovised assy would come apart at 5k, but with a little thought it would not have.

I know what it takes to make these CR engines work well and last, so dont down play what i know.

What have you done to help the progression of anything mechanicle?

Dont even bring up how you blew up several engines with the stand alone cause you have no clue!

Trust me i'll run circles around you!

So to summorize here, keep the engine below 5500rpm, stock crank and rods.

Brandon, what you building bro...:rockwoot:

This went to hell and back. Sorry Bean I knew you where having some problem with the cranks at that RPM