HX35 63/99 Compressor Flow

RAMblin Fever

I have done some searching and cannot find much information on the subject. Any thoughts or estimates on how much the HX35 compressor flows with a 6/6 blade billet wheel with a 63 inducer and a 99 exducer?

Or is it the housing itself that will limit flow and the large exducer just gets more air moving quicker until the choke point? (which would be the housing)

Your running this turbo? First I've heard of an HX35 with a 63mm compressor. Sounds interesting.

Yes I am running it. It does very well to a certain extent... I have a 5 speed and it makes 10psi at 1500rpm with 20° timing with 5x14s and .025DV's. Tows great and runs great at light to fairly moderate acceleration. (very clean) However, WOT is a completely different story. I have full fuel in the AFC coming in at ~40psi and it will still black out a 4 lane highway if needed. It feels as if ~3k it falls off a decent amount. It currently does not clean up that amount of fuel at WOT. :bang If I had an idea of what it flows, it would help make my decision on the SXE much easier.

That 40 trim compressor was common on an HX52, seems ill advised to use something like that in an HX35/HX40 cover, especially if it still has the standard HX35 turbine wheel.

I probably should have added in the original post that it is a 12cm housing with a 76 inducer and 67 exducer. 10 blade if I remember correctly. I cannot necessarily assume that it can flow what an HX52 flows on the compressor side given different wheel designs correct? Since the 76/67 is very close in size to 68mm wheels in S300s, and the S300s can be had in 12 and 14cm sizes, how can I determine what is the limiting factor in my "not enough air equation"?
I have a feeling that it is a combination of both...

Very curious to this also.

I'm looking into a similar setup. Utilizing only the hx35 cover on a much larger turbo.

Yes I am running it. It does very well to a certain extent... I have a 5 speed and it makes 10psi at 1500rpm with 20° timing with 5x14s and .025DV's. Tows great and runs great at light to fairly moderate acceleration. (very clean) However, WOT is a completely different story. I have full fuel in the AFC coming in at ~40psi and it will still black out a 4 lane highway if needed. It feels as if ~3k it falls off a decent amount. It currently does not clean up that amount of fuel at WOT. :bang If I had an idea of what it flows, it would help make my decision on the SXE much easier.

What kind of boost are you seeing max?

Its not an original wheel to the HX35, the housing has been modified to allow it to fit.

Yes, Thanks for clearing that up for me! :poke:

With what may be marine injectors and 131's it will stay at 50 lbs/boost and fuel pressure stays at 50. (with stock lift pump spring)

Same injectors with .025's it will stay at 50 and FP is around 40. (longer and stronger lift pump spring) (hazes at WOT)

5x14 with .025's it stays at 50 and FP is 30. (longer and stronger lift pump spring) (hazes heavier at WOT)

With 5x18 VCO's and 131's it stays at 50 and FP is 10. (with stock lift pump spring) (WOT wasn't tried much due to EGT issues)

It will not make more than 50psi even over fueling fairly heavily. I am sure that 50 is out of the map and 45 is about the edge of the map. (maybe-ish)

I know :badidea:

It is a 7mm shaft and I am fairly certain it is a KTS wheel. I am having trouble finding flow data on the wheels lb/min potential and also the compressor housings potential.

Or is it 67/76 turbine limiting flow? Or the 12cm housing itself?

Or all of it combined?

Thanks for the input this far!!!

Get the most out of the dv/injector combo I have currently without having too much air. It doesn't see over 3.5k rpm so the earlier it can be making streetable power the better. The 62/68 BW SXE looks great but since my current turbine is a 76/67 I wanted to figure out if it was the compressor or turbine side causing the inability to clean up the fuel.

I don't see that large of an exducer in the HX35 cover, nor the 12cm housing working in your favor.

Thank you! Am I safe to read between the lines that the HX35 compressor cover cannot support the volume that the 99 exducer is capable of producing? Or is the compressor inducer too small for the 99 exducer? Possibly both? Small frame charger just cannot support that much fuel.

Which S300 SXE exducer wheel would be better suited for light towing and unloaded driving? 83.4 or 87.3

I understand the 14cm or .8a/r housing flows more on the top end. Does it sound mostly like the compressor side not being able to flow enough? Would the S300 equivalent of the 67/76 turbine side (in a 14cm or .8a/r housing) would be capable of cleanly supporting 5x14 and .025 DVs? By S300 equivalent I am referring to the BW SXE 62/68 which has a 76.2 inducer and a 67.5 exducer with a .8 housing. Compressor flows ~76lbs/min which I think should work well.

The next jump up is with the 79.6 inducer and a 73.3 exducer offered in 61.5, 62.9, 64.5, and 66 on the compressor side. Would the larger turbine wheels be too large?

More turbine as in the 73/80 wheel or more turbine housing such as .8a/r? Would there be any disadvantage to running a .7a/r housing with the 73/80 wheel? I see Hurley has a very similar fuel setup. It appears you have been running that setup for a while. How happy are you with that setup? Does it clean up all of yours?