HX35 63/99 Compressor Flow

In my opinion the compressor has far too large of an exducer for the HX35 cover, the turbine isn't really under sized, but I wouldn't recommend putting more effort into that current setup. I would lean toward a 62-63mm S300, and the SX-E line is hard to beat value wise.

Thanks you. I thought the compressor cover could not flow enough just by being so small in comparison to an S300. Any idea if the 63 will be available with the 68mm turbine side? I only ask because it appears to be a possible combination on BW'w site. (at some point anyway)

Again thanks guys!

Thanks you. I thought the compressor cover could not flow enough just by being so small in comparison to an S300. Any idea if the 63 will be available with the 68mm turbine side? I only ask because it appears to be a possible combination on BW'w site. (at some point anyway)

Again thanks guys!

Seems you've found your answer and it is very similar conversation on the phone as to what Smokem said...NICE

I doubt you will see a 63/68mm combination available in the SX-E line, but they are available in the older S300 units, which are also very reasonably priced and can be easily upgraded.

The 63mm compressor 68mm turbine SXE is available, part number 13009097006. However, looking at the map, you pick up so little with the 63mm, like 1 lb per minute max flow and less efficient in the middle of the map, that I think the 62mm is actually a better choice.

That said, the flow maps are so similar, a real-world test is about the only thing that would really show which turbo is better. With them being so similar, you'd likely have to test multiple units of each turbo to see a statistically significant difference... I digress.

I haven't personally laid hands on a new 63/68, so I can't say if they are available, but I know a month ago they were not yet available.

What I'd rather test is the new 64.5/68 since it flows around 82 lbs per minute peak an it might actually make a noticeable power difference if the turbine can support it and it doesn't surge.... both require real-world testing to know for sure.