Hypermax injectors

Good call with Elite.
I run Tadd's injectors myself...couldn't be happier.

this is going to be an expensive winter......Plus I have a 2005 mazda I bought so I dont need my truck..its now a play toy.

1-800-citicard here we come:ylsuper:

UNBROKEN said:
A stock 6.0 injector doesn't HOLD ENOUGH FUEL...no matter the nozzle size.
Post the actuall correction factor....and where the hell did the torque go ?
You're quite a bit low for 500 hp.

Put that truck on a track...and prove it's 500....I'll bet you it's not.

All I see...is that your turbo works pretty well...since the EGT's are low as can be....OR...
that could be because there's NO FUEL !:poke:

And I beat you fair and square on the golfcart too.:kick: LOL

Rich

Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant. The correction factor IS POSTED ABOVE IN THE TEXT FILE! 1.01 The EGT's are low-its a very efficient combo. Turbonetics turbo works, Spearco obviously works, and there isn't much fuel-I agree.

The other truck we dynoed that day did 485 rwhp, and ran 99 MPH at 7550 lbs. The other truck we dynoed did 433 RWHP and at 7600 lbs trapped 94 MPH. Both of those MPH's are within 10 HP of the calculators on TDG. I'd say the dyno is pretty accurate.

I also attached the same truck with a smaller 66MM turbo, Tadd's 275's, same dyno-different day-correction factor 1.009.

Attachments

• 66MM275Spearco.jpg
    66MM275Spearco.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 33
If we believe the calculators...I guess I'm putting right about 700 down.
110.35 mph @ 7600 lbs...give or take a few.
What do you think ? Do we trust the calculators or not ?
Talk to any of the 6.0 injector builders....I'm sure they'll agree on the 500 hp.

Sounds like my conversation with Max @ Hypermax....900 crank HP with a stock fuel system....easy to say. Don't make it true though.

UNBROKEN said:
If we believe the calculators...I guess I'm putting right about 700 down.
110.35 mph @ 7600 lbs...give or take a few.
What do you think ? Do we trust the calculators or not ?
Talk to any of the 6.0 injector builders....I'm sure they'll agree on the 500 hp.

Sounds like my conversation with Max @ Hypermax....900 crank HP with a stock fuel system....easy to say. Don't make it true though.

Well, I did 109.24 @ 8k+ in a crew cab long wheel base dually on 33's. Says 707 HP for 8k lbs-unrealistic? I dont think so.

But you know 6.0 injs-I stated the results the dyno operator gave me. He has no interest in the numbers, good or bad. I simply posted my EXPERIENCE with the product in question-not my phone call with someone. I wouldn't recommend the 50 HP for anything, as they didn't really do much.

Hopefully I can test some new ones (non HMAX or Tadd) soon with a similar combo.

i think the 500hp has alot more to do with the aftermarket turbo than with the injectors, A stock 6.0 injectors can be eptied with any hot sct tune, I understand the d-maxes make crazy power with just nozzles but there injectors our totaly different, i don't want to continue arguing just like to state my openion that i belive to be fact. And brin i am NOT saying you faked the dyno #'s or something like that.
robert

you guys shouldn't argue over any of this just ask this question who has gone to the dyno or track and what times have you seen and there you know who has the best inj and best of everything with a (daily driver)

Last edited:
HP ? a LOT
1/4 mile times ? quick
Injectors ? Tadd at Elite Diesel

PS...we're not argueing...this is what we do for fun. LOL

smokinrod said:
why don't you believe tip work cna give you 50hp and why you can't acheive 500hp on tips only? You need to realize that it has to do with how well you are burning what you get and how well you are getting it.look at Dmax's they are into the 600 hp on stock injectors now. over fueling will give you some more hp but just remember black smoke doesn't allways + hp, so I am going with BB on this one.

You are forgetting that the 6.0 injector is like a syringe and the dmax is like a water faucet. Turn the faucet on longer and get more water, hold the syring down longer and you don't get anymore. No way a good comparison. I have NEVER seen a 6.0 make 500hp on stock injectors nor a set of tips only. Cut the nozzle tip off and you still wont get anymore fuel than what a tuner can do.

Tadd

want hp and times??? ok #2= 632 hp and 13.05's at 8klbs
NOS= over 700hp and 12.53's
there are some #'s with tadd's injectors and i drive it almost daily
robert

alldiesels said:
robert

SHow off!:kick: LOL LOL LOL LOL

alldiesels said:
robert
Good times I ran a 13.05 with a 2005 CrewCab long bed dually 4 wheel drive with stock injectors,stock fuel system,stock intercooler,stock turbo,stock transmission,stock intake with a drop in k&n..With just an SCT,4 inch exhaust stock down pipe,and a Real good Nitrous setup weighing 8000lbs 13.05 on nitrous,and 14.30 on motor....

that seems almost to good to be true with stock fuel. droping 1.3 seconds with NOS on stock fuel?? I dont know much about the 6.0's though.

It does love the stuff....but a 13.0 on motor and a 13.0 on nitrous are 2 different animals.
That 13.0 on motor is always there.

UNBROKEN said:
It does love the stuff....but a 13.0 on motor and a 13.0 on nitrous are 2 different animals.
That 13.0 on motor is always there.
offcourse but what if i put all the goodies in the motor such as inj,turbo,intercooler,fuel system,and an upgraded tranny

SDKINGRANCH said:
offcourse but what if i put all the goodies in the motor such as inj,turbo,intercooler,fuel system,and an upgraded tranny

You add nitrous and run low 12's or better LOL

SDKINGRANCH said:
Good times I ran a 13.05 with a 2005 CrewCab long bed dually 4 wheel drive with stock injectors,stock fuel system,stock intercooler,stock turbo,stock transmission,stock intake with a drop in k&n..With just an SCT,4 inch exhaust stock down pipe,and a Real good Nitrous setup weighing 8000lbs 13.05 on nitrous,and 14.30 on motor....

:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: I call BullS#$%. Maybe 2-3 passes. After that the stock trans would be dead. Believe me, I KNOW. No way in hell the trans held.

Your REAL good nitrous kit, I bet its a wet kit? A wet kit is similar to putting a bigger injector in except that the atomization is pathetic compared to the injector nozzle and then the diesel is sucked into the cylinder with the air, so it ignites whenever the hell it want's. Totally hammering the rods, bearings, and crank. No way that thing will make as many passes as Robert's and still be alive.

The most I ever picked up with a dry kit on stock injectors was .5 sec, to pick up 1.25sec (on stock injectors) it was a wet kit which doesn't impress me.

Come back when you can run a 13.0 on fuel only. That's real power. Or better yet, let's go to a sled pull, remember DHRA sled pulls don't allow nitrous:poke: Its easy power and more sanctioning bodies are denying it.

Tadd

Back