I give up belt issue?

Sure what it looks like to me as well 95cummins - I am guilty of doing that a time or two when in dire need, but that looks pretty excessive! Never noticed any of the couple ones I did being pulled against the bolt heads like that either......

By your pictures, your fan pulley has walked. The belt is still in the wear area of the water pump and there looks to be too much room behind the pulley( dozens of KDP's done and I know what a PITA it is to get to those bolts.)

fa901zd_lg.png

Last edited:
I will pull it off and check the fan pulley and rebuild or replace then. I appreciate the help fellas will report back once I have the fan pulley done.

ive heard the squeak-at-stop is helped by the Gates HD (green) version but I haven't tried...

I have a green belt I just put on, but I'm planning to remove my A/C components. Do they make a Non-A/C green belt? I've tried searching, but can't find it.

the fan pulley should be about 1/8 off the back bolt if more than that check and adjust pulley

Update worked all weekend on a ppump 24v instead of mine. I should have time to get it figured out this thursday.

I believe it is either the fan clutch pulley or the ac pulley. Damper and alternator and new tensioner seem a ok perfect. I will know this week and hope its not a massive pita.

Last edited:
Check the bearing play on the fan pulley. Assuming you still have the stock fan clutch and fan on it.

Not normal.. pulley shouldn't move.

A/c clutch!!I had the same thing except mine made noise when I engaged the clutch on the a/ c compressor. I pulled belt and a/ c clutch had 1/4in play replaced it and been fine ever since.

Last edited: