I guess I will be "that" guy.

ride42

980MW
So, anyone heard of any new happenings with Cummins? I can't see Fiat taking Cummins out of the picture but some reading I have done is showing they may want to use their own diesel in the Ram pickup. I can't see this happening at all but who knows..I also can't see a Dodge sign on any new pickups.

Mostly, I'm wondering if anyone has any bearing on whether or not Cummins is seeing what the competition is doing. Okay, I know they know what is going on with Ford and GM but still...

I'm wondering what will be up their sleeve next. Piezo and a pump like the Powerstrokes or the same design they are using now..someone stop my "ram"bling.

I dont care, I wont ever buy anything newer than an '07. Chrystler takes govt bailouts, just like GM.

New Fords All The Way!!!

Chrysler didn't file for bankruptcy until 2009.

Many folks were worried about Daimler dumping Cummins also.

fiat owns cnh (case new holland) and the midsized tractors and larger mfd tractors still have cummins engines. so just because fiat is involved doesent mean they want to get cummins out of the pic.

I never said they did. I was just reading the general internet rumor stuff.

I haven't seen anything about Cummins coming up with something to compete with the new engines from Ford and Isuzu so?

It's fun to read all this internet rumor stuff, what's old is new again. The rumor mill was churning like mad 10 years ago when many thought Dodge would ditch Cummins in favor of a MB diesel. As long as there's anyone half sensible at Chrysler Cummins will be the only diesel ever found under the hood of a Ram HD.

they are trying to get rid of dodge on the truck and want them to be know as just "ram" for some reason

I think they started to believe the Ford propaganda that the word "Dodge" is bad.
They should just rename it Cummins and shoot the Ram.

It doesn't say Dodge because the toyota concept they stole the body lines from doesn't say dodge.... duh

I dont care, I wont ever buy anything newer than an '07. Chrystler takes govt bailouts, just like GM.

New Fords All The Way!!!

:blahblah1: Better get rid of the 96 and 04.5 as well...Chrysler took a "bailout" in the 80s too :bang

All new Dodges say Dodge on them; side badges are Ram 2500/3500 and the emblem in the tailgate says Dodge. My 03 has Dodge on the tailgate but my 07 doesnt say Dodge anywhere on the outside or the inside...so what changed?

Read an interview with a Dodge exec; said something along the lines of Ram is a seperate division, but very much Dodge and will remain so, and badged as such

I'm talking 2010 and up. I was at a dealership not a half hour ago looking at the Dodges and Fords. Parked right next to each other, if it was a looks only competition and Ford got rid of that ugly ass grille and brought back the 08+ badges I would be all over the 6.7L Powerstroke. No where on the Ram did it say Dodge. On the Dakotas it does but the 1500 and heavier there is no Dodge anywhere on it.

I'm talking 2010 and up. I was at a dealership not a half hour ago looking at the Dodges and Fords. Parked right next to each other, if it was a looks only competition and Ford got rid of that ugly ass grille and brought back the 08+ badges I would be all over the 6.7L Powerstroke. No where on the Ram did it say Dodge. On the Dakotas it does but the 1500 and heavier there is no Dodge anywhere on it.

they got rid of the dodge ram i beleive. now ram is its own division for the 1500, 2500, 3500 etc, like said above. those new ford 6.7s seem like a huge problem just waiting to happen. 5 thermostats and 2 radiators? id say there some issues bein hidden there but thats just my$.02

I'd like to see a 6.7 Cummins with a CGI block that is sleeved, VG over FG compound turbos, Piezo injectors, CP4.2 pump, and a not-so-locked ECM.

I'd like to see all three manufactures leave the choice of diesel engine up to the buyer...same as the big truck market.