I guess I will be "that" guy.

2010 Dodge Ram 2500
0611001958.jpg

Aw my bad. A 4 inch emblem with .5" to .75" tall letters on it.

Either way...I'm wanting to know what the hell Cummins is doing to make it so that people will buy their engines in a Dodge after 2009.

I'd like to see a 6.7 Cummins with a CGI block that is sleeved, VG over FG compound turbos, Piezo injectors, CP4.2 pump, and a not-so-locked ECM.

even me who loves my mechanical injection would have to think about gettin a truck that had all that.

Either way...I'm wanting to know what the hell Cummins is doing to make it so that people will buy their engines in a Dodge after 2009.

They are at least going to continue producing the most RELIABLE light duty diesel engine in a pickup.

All the power in the world don't mean chit if you're sitting on the side of the road broken down.

Cummins has a proven track record on reliability that the other guys don't have yet.

The Duramax is getting there, but the Ford... Well... We won't start that pissing match.

And yeah... The Cummins has lost some reliablity since the 12V days, but I'd still say it's the most reliable engine of the bunch.

And BTW, that stupid Tailgate emblem is bigger than 4"...and it's recessed into the tailgate, so I can't even rip it off without it looking worse.

And I couldn't leave my new truck alone...so I de-badged it...damn Comp D:hehe:

Chris

Aw my bad. A 4 inch emblem with .5" to .75" tall letters on it.

I know. Sorry man :lolly:

What do you mean so people will buy their engine in a post-09 Dodge?:what: 90% of people say they bought a Cummins wrapped in a Dodge. Then theres the guys like me that bought a Dodge, and it just happened to have the best diesel under the hood...are you referring to emissions issues? They had some growing pains, sure, but since 09 theyve pretty much been trouble free. I wouldnt hesitate getting an 09 or 10 and leaving it stock, but really, stock sucks

ive heard from peole i work around, again with the rumors, that the new ISB wil be very similar in constrution to the ISX...

Does that mean we'll see DOHC in an ISB???

it's a very real possibility from what i have heard from some of our DFSE's(direct factory service enginner) at work. there has been rumor of a squential vgt setup, a he351ve, and something along the lines of a hx50, both feeding the same pipe, not a compound setup, but two turbo's feeding a common cac pipe before the cac. we'll see what happens in a few years. they already have two single DOHC engines in production, the 15l which has a redesigned heads assy., and the XPI commonrail fuel system, and the brand spakin new 11.8l which is the replacment for the ISM. i dont think it would take them much to redesign the ISB and make it a DOHC engine, it would be frickin awsome! i got a feeling that the design will be needed for the next emmision hurdle coming down the road....

Wes