I want better mpg

Texaschromeboy

Cummins Cadillac
I see competitors make the painless striker, edge mileage max, etc. i want to know if those actually work and if so which one is the best one that can still give me the same performance, black smoke, and the option to but other programmers on my truck.... 99 dodge 3500

i have a 06 dodge and just got the quadzilla xzillaraider 2 and i getting 19 to 20 in city and 24 on highway.the only downer is there is no smoke. even on the 140hp level still no smoke.

I have a Edge Mileage Max, works like it should. I've owned 2 Cummins now and both do insane MPG numbers thanks to Edge.

do you still get the the performance and black smoke

Performance, just alittle more, but only daily driving would you really notice.
Smoke, no sir, when you do things to your truck that increase the fuel mileage, the smoke always goes down and visa versa. My 2002 made a little bit of smoke before the Mileage Max if you would stomp on it, now it makes none.

If you want to be belching out black smoke like a freight train, your fuel mileage is going to hit the rocks.

yeah i see wat about the painless striker i dont know exactly if its for my model but is anyone familiar with them

put a edge comp and 5in exhuast with k-n cold air intake got me 4 more miles to the gallon

The painless striker is a rebadged product from another company. Edge, Quadzilla, Superchips, TS Performance, TST, Mads.. Smarty, Bullydog, Van Aiken, Dr Performance are performance companies that make performance boxes and or engine control module tuning.

There are many other companies that pay these ones to make their product in new packaging.

Your best bet for smoke and mileage is the Quadzilla Adrenaline, Quadzilla XZT+, Edge Comp, Smarty, TST Comp, Redline.

The smokiest and most powerful box on the market, in my opinion, is the Quadzilla Adrenaline with Pulse. This is the only custom tuning box so you can build the nastiest, smokiest tune in the world and then a few buttons away you can have your tame fuel mileage tune.

None of these boxes will really roll the coal except for the Adrenaline, without the addition of aftermarket injectors. The stock injectors are a great bottle neck for preventing tons of smoke.

Adding oil to your tank will help lube your injection pump and help make extra smoke as well.

Trust me, after two weeks of smoke, you will get bored and try to do everything you can to avoid it. The real goal is to make 600 hp and so little smoke that the local yuppies don't report you for pollution when pass them with your rear tires a blazin' !

Trust me, after two weeks of smoke, you will get bored and try to do everything you can to avoid it. The real goal is to make 600 hp and so little smoke that the local yuppies don't report you for pollution when pass them with your rear tires a blazin' !

Well said. :clap: Power with no smoke is muy bueno. :D

thanks for the info i do have bosch 40 hp injectors on it, its not much but its somethin i have a superchip it does great but to change tuning it takes alot of time i have been leaning more to the edge comp after i put my south bend in my truck. Wats everyones opinion on the edge comp?

edge comp is great been running it for like 5 years never a hiccup. And i agree that running 5'' exhaust with a 4'' downpipe is the way to go for fuel mileage on these vp trucks i gained 2-3 mpg on mine with just the exhaust upgrade alone.

I see competitors make the painless striker, edge mileage max, etc. i want to know if those actually work and if so which one is the best one that can still give me the same performance, black smoke, and the option to but other programmers on my truck.... 99 dodge 3500

Pick up a copy of the "diesel builders guide", it'll tell you how to build hp & torque w/o black smoke:nos: