ICP gauge

Challs says "why use expensive rubber wheels when you can make your own out of wood for less!"

hummer-h3-ugly-wood-wheels-front.jpg

what psi are you guys seeing on the hpo gauge?? I see trusted datalog never hit 4000. The reason i ask is because i think my 03 is a freek,I tried a lot of custom tunes dp,elite,innovative and the hot tunes would cause icp to spike (4200+) and then default to 1800psi . I have changed the icp senser and ipr no diff eric finally just pulled some icp from his tunes and it works for the must part,I tried to dyno it and it went into (limp).On the way home from sdx (600 mi) I noticed my extream street tunepegs the gauge 4200+ psi truck has mild injecters.
you can not scan icp with a snap on modus with a tune i have found out,so i bought a diprico hpo gauge works awesome and its inside the truck:hehe:

It varies.

We have seen 4200k (419x) on ours in the past but they should be around 4000k.

So what will the police crash investigation determine you ask...

Driver was trying to see what his gauges (6 feet away) were doing as he accelerated.

:hehe:

sorry:poke:

Why don't you guys just put a non-dampened mech gauge on the truck and watch both of them. You can stick it on the tailgate if you wish. It's still going to give better resolution.

If your brains can't get around it, then just go to the caveman method of trail and error. Maybe when you see the mech gauge moving all around as pressure fluctuates, and you see the electric unit making slow, averaged movements it will sink in.

Your brain can't seem to get around you have 0 data stored to look at when you are done "testing". You see the gauge all over the place but you can't remember why it was where it was vs RPM or APP or IPR commanded duty cycle or ICP demanded vs actual. Yipee **** your gauge was all over. Why was it all over?

Worrying about why a tune only has a PID showing 1500 or 1800 or whatever isn't a big deal. Worry about if the ICP pressure transducer is getting close to 5 volts. If it is then you are getting close to 4000 psi. The sensor range is different than the "tune" rescaled values being output to the scan tool.

There must be a way to increase the pressure...it's a regulator.....

You can't get to the pressure you are thinking about without going into the tune. If you think you can just up the regulator, the PCM will shut you down. Or you will just hit the pump pop off and watch your pressure fall and recover.

Your brain can't seem to get around you have 0 data stored to look at when you are done "testing". You see the gauge all over the place but you can't remember why it was where it was vs RPM or APP or IPR commanded duty cycle or ICP demanded vs actual. Yipee **** your gauge was all over. Why was it all over?

Worrying about why a tune only has a PID showing 1500 or 1800 or whatever isn't a big deal. Worry about if the ICP pressure transducer is getting close to 5 volts. If it is then you are getting close to 4000 psi. The sensor range is different than the "tune" rescaled values being output to the scan tool.

Oh, if I want to see trend lines and such, I use AE for that. It's when I want to see any SPORADIC FLUCTUATION that I use a mech gauge...

Things you CANNOT SEE in any practically priced datalog equipment, nor EVER see on a digital readout, as the HUMAN MIND isn't capable of interpreting numerical data in realtime like that. Period.

If you can't understand that, go study up on human factors engineering a bit. Until then don't worry about what I can't get my head around. While you talk of tunes that do this and that, I write the damned calibrations myself. Hell, I actually hand write the source code to run microprocessors for solving problems precisely as you describe above. If I cared, I actually could make the IPR produce ____psi without the PCM even knowing about it. Not by altering the signaling into the PCM, but by actually producing my own PWM ground for the IPR if I wished.

You clearly haven't used both types of equipment in enough situations to speak with confidence on the subject.

Oh, if I want to see trend lines and such, I use AE for that. It's when I want to see any SPORADIC FLUCTUATION that I use a mech gauge...

Things you CANNOT SEE in any practically priced datalog equipment, nor EVER see on a digital readout, as the HUMAN MIND isn't capable of interpreting numerical data in realtime like that. Period.

If you can't understand that, go study up on human factors engineering a bit. Until then don't worry about what I can't get my head around. While you talk of tunes that do this and that, I write the damned calibrations myself. Hell, I actually hand write the source code to run microprocessors for solving problems precisely as you describe above. If I cared, I actually could make the IPR produce ____psi without the PCM even knowing about it. Not by altering the signaling into the PCM, but by actually producing my own PWM ground for the IPR if I wished.

You clearly haven't used both types of equipment in enough situations to speak with confidence on the subject.

Just for you Challs:

chocolate+chip+cookies.jpg

It varies.

We have seen 4200k (419x) on ours in the past but they should be around 4000k.

so why is it that my icp is 4200+ even after eric pulled more icp from my tunes then he useally would for other tunes?????

Back