I'm getting tired...

Extended Power

Of wrenching on my truck...
Yeah, I have a nice shop to work in, but it's getting to the point where I just want to "Drive" my truck...not work on it.

I am so tired of working on it, I even went to the Ford stealership to see what they wanted, cash wise, to re-torque my headstuds...

...well, for $500.00....I guess I'll re-torque them myself.:bang

I asked them what their shop rate is....holy crap...I'm in the wrong line of work.

And....they said it was a 25 hour job, for them to change head gaskets...which is STILL faster then me, because I take my time...IIRC, it took me like 3 days just to pull the engine out...

But for me to pay $2750.00 JUST in labor, no parts...is crazy.

If I have to pull the engine again, that tells me I have money for springs this time, maybe a cam, new front cover and pump, Doug's intake, maybe new LPOP gears, bigger injectors....and by the time I get it back together again...Trusted might have their twins ready...

....BUT...if I find that the '06 heads I put on....with all the work that went into them are cracked....:bang I may just start parting it out, and do a conversion.

forget all that mess... if I ever pulled a powerstroke engine out of a truck, it certainly wouldn't be getting another one installed!

do you have something against me or something, i've offered to make your truck run right seceral times and you keep coming on the forums to find answers for your problems. i'm only 10 hrs north

Seems to me if forking out for the dealers shop rate isnt in the budget, which i can totally understand, 15+ grand for a cummins swap and some build up wont quite fit in the quota either...

sounds like you need to call u s fidelis like advertised on tv and speak to them about a warranty! they told me they could care less about who does the wrenching so long as they are ase certified shop! and it was like 107 a mnth if you break the total up into interest free payments! so you can have someone wrench for you that doesnt care about mods, unlike the dealer and have it covered under a $100 deductable. i doubt they would care even if you did a swap! my neighbor called and asked because he has a 12v in a 99 f250 and they said no problem! lmfao thats crazy to me!

i wondered about calling them and asking if they would warranty my '95 12 valve that just happens to be my street/race truck lol

brother, I've read alot of your posts and it seems like you have been very experimental over the last two years on that truck and in my mind have contributed to others learning here on the boards. Keep your head up, from the looks of it, you have a lot to be thankful for.

What are the issues with the truck? I'm lost.

Good luck, hope you get thru the funk.

do you have something against me or something, i've offered to make your truck run right seceral times and you keep coming on the forums to find answers for your problems. i'm only 10 hrs north

He doesn't like me much either. Don't take it too personally.

I have wondered this also..

but he don't like me much either...:doh:

Buy a raptor with the 6.2L... Give up while you're ahead.
I wrenched my truck every weekend for about 3.5 years. Just this past 2 months have I been able to drive the truck and not worry about anything. But it's what happens with ANY vehicle you modify. Not just these trucks. They were built to be driven but the second you start to modify them, you brought it upon yourself and have a whole new course set for your ride.
I'd be the first to say it's a long long road with many dead ends. BUT once you overcome the hurdles and can drive the end result, I'd say it's worth it

Yah its too bad you never had Shawn fix your truck Ivan....just wait until you see pics of his latest compound build. Looks pretty and hauls pretty good!!! Just think....you could have this right now too.....

Hmmm...what's with everyone thinking I don't like them?:what:

Shawn...I have nothing against you at all. We have talked several times on the phone...I'm hesitant on coming up, because I am working with Trusted right now...waiting on some things, but I don't want to go behind their back and get someone else's products...read: "TWINS" after all this time.
I have been meaning to call you on my days off, but with trying to get all the Christmas stuff done on this day's off...it's been nuts....and this little problem with the truck doesn't help out right now, as I have zero time to work on it. It's just getting me down.:bang

Adam...why do you think I don't like you? I just bought a HPOP gauge from you...BTW...Thanks!

Doug:.....your a dickLOL....but you have alot of skill's for these engine's. I would really like to try that intake of your's.:thankyou2:

I have just been trying to think about when a good time to do this is...and I'm coming up empty handed. Seems that everytime I go out to the shop, I'm taking time away from my family. I'm feeling guilty about taking time to work on my truck...and it's starting to show.$.02

Buy a raptor with the 6.2L... Give up while you're ahead.
I wrenched my truck every weekend for about 3.5 years. Just this past 2 months have I been able to drive the truck and not worry about anything. But it's what happens with ANY vehicle you modify. Not just these trucks. They were built to be driven but the second you start to modify them, you brought it upon yourself and have a whole new course set for your ride.
I'd be the first to say it's a long long road with many dead ends. BUT once you overcome the hurdles and can drive the end result, I'd say it's worth it

lot of truth to this statement here!

I'm with you man....I'm so tired of workin on my chit, I amlost wish I just had it back to stock....But, hopefully in about a week I'll be lovin it again!!!

Back