Import Diesel Owners, it's time for you to..........

Matt, that is freaking awesome. What does it run?

I have no idea what she'd run in the 1320 - but it does have a lot of get up and go.

It seems to have quite a bit more gusto than my old NB TDI (with similar mods, but smaller injectors...) I sold to a guy in Texas back in '04. I have a feeling that with a bigger turbo it would be dang close to or sightly over 200hp. It sure isn't lacking fuel... haha

This car is for sale, actually. Haven't put it up for sale online anywhere yet...

Beers,

Matt

Andy(TooMuchBoost) managed to pop a charger on his Passat before he got rid of it.... Id stay with the stocker. What injectors are you running?

Thanks for the kind words.

Here are some videos of my diesel snowblower...

This first one I did just for fun - it was the first time we had enough snow to actually use it for its intended purpose. Even then, I had to use the lawn tractor's snow plow to make a windrow of snow. :) Link 1

The 2nd video shows how she smokes out the stack when you really load it down...the engine hardly ever slows down...it just grunts a bit. (Again, I had to use the lawn tractor's snow plow to make a windrow of snow.)Link 2

Cheers,

Matt

bet that thing got alot of use this year

Andy(TooMuchBoost) managed to pop a charger on his Passat before he got rid of it.... Id stay with the stocker. What injectors are you running?

Yeah - there's a definite need to upgrade from the stocker when running a lot of extra fuel. Just like a Cummins - but at least the OEM turbos on those are nearly bulletproof. I'm running .260mm injectors. OEM for a 5-speed "ALH" are .184mm. It had .205's in it when I bought it.

ramtough01 said:
bet that thing got alot of use this year

It sure did - up until the end of December when the snowblower 'chassis' wore out. The drive mechanism started acting up and then the auger clutch - then finally one day it wouldn't do anything. I had a construction crew showing up the next day and the snow kept coming - so I went and bought a new 8hp gasser model. The search is on to find a good used newer Ariens to bolt the diesel up to. The old Ariens is a hodge podge of parts and it's too small for the diesel - I need something bigger.

Beers,

Matt

alot of things got worn out from all the damn snow it was nuts i wish we had a snowblower for are skid steer a couple times cause i couldnt push it any further

I have been trying to get my 3.9L isuzu 4 banger in my 67 Ford F100 to smoke but that darn HY35 turbo keeps cleaning it up no matter how much I turn the fuel screw, I guess I just need to keep turnin screws or maybe change injectors:D

Heres a pic of my 81 rabbit

Attachments

• Smoke.jpg
    Smoke.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 50
benzo.jpg

No under way pics. I am doing some work on it this weekend. Removing rack limiter and upping torque as well as GT2256V install. I am really looking for a GT2559V but the GT2256V is so cheap and easy to find.

Black smoke is bad, no smoke is perfection.

281 out of a beetle? GET DOWN! that is badass!

281 out of a beetle? GET DOWN! that is badass!

Yeah, that beetle is badass!!

I think they should let a local girl (me) take it out to the track to see what sort of times it will turn out. :poke:

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

When Marcell ran it, it was without notrous, because on the gas, it would just burn the tires off.

my conversions

"Import" conversions (using Yanmar engines)

I am going to attempt to attach pictures of my recent conversions.
I bought a Huskee 35 ton firewood splitter from Tractor Supply, less the gas engine. I installed a Yanmar L70 diesel on it.

I bought a 4000 psi pressure washer head from Northern Tool and installed it on a Yanmar L70 engine that I bought as a 2" water pump.

The other pis is of the 2" water pump with the L70 Yanmar. I kept it as is.

I also recently converted our 4000 psi hot water pressure washer at work from a 13 horse Honda (gas) to a L100 Yanmar. Works awesome and now uses the same fuel for the engine and burner.

Other pics are of my Polaris diesel ATV (Fuji/Robin engine) and my 3300 watt Robin diesel generator.

I also have a new V-Twin vertical shaft Yanmar engine that I am searching for a good used zero turn mower with bad gas engine to transplant into.

Attachments

• wood splitter 3.jpg
    wood splitter 3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 7
  • water pump.jpg
    water pump.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 7
  • pressure washer 2.jpg
    pressure washer 2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Robin Generator.jpg
    Robin Generator.jpg