Indiana Diesel Nationals moves dates!

EMcBride

Hoosier Stormtrooper
Very important to write down on your calendars:
The 2007 Indiana Diesel Nationals new date will be June 2-3. Please tell everyone you know!

im def gonna plan this one for next year. never been to indy. cant wait

Not acceptable Lewis...... You have 7 months and some change to figure it out LOL

Hmmmm...by then I'll have vacation time built up, and more importantly, the ABILITY to take off work and go :woohoo::woohoo:

I am down with that date since the kids all graduated :ylsuper:

Eric, is the Las Vegas event locked in for May 5th and 6th ?

BBD

2 rooms at Days Inn. I hope we see an after-hours event like Houston had.

brandon.

Brandon, you think so? I think everyone will still go to the hotels and burnout. No? Maybe I'm crazy-we'll see.
Scott, Yes on Vegas Diesel Nationals! See you there!

joefarmer said:
2 rooms at Days Inn. I hope we see an after-hours event like Houston had.

brandon.

Ditto.

Hopefully I'll have my trans sorted out by then to work with the new motor.:aiwebs_015:

imelmo said:
Ditto.

Hopefully I'll have my trans sorted out by then to work with the new motor.:aiwebs_015:
me too so i can punk ya! HAHAHA

I have my Days Inn room reserved I cant wait!!!!! its a :kick: if you dont go!!! worth the heat or rain!!

Ian

EMcBride said:
Brandon, you think so? I think everyone will still go to the hotels and burnout. No? Maybe I'm crazy-we'll see.
Scott, Yes on Vegas Diesel Nationals! See you there!

I think something has to change in order to have Plainfield Police satisfied. The hotel parking lot burnouts are a lot of fun, but when you have drunks running into trucks, it's no good.

I dunno if it would be possible, but I'd either like to see a patrolled closed street with burnouts or another after hours event that would occupy people's time. How much does IRP want to rent 7-11pm Friday for grudge match drag racing? Something like that would keep the crowd satisfied and, even more importantly, the police at bay. The second night have a block party in front of the Amerihost- get a city permit to barricade the street and bring in vendors to sell food. (Charge each vendor $250 for being there and add that to the Quick Diesel purse. :evil )

I think it's time to face the facts and realize that people are coming nationwide for this event. They're bored and need a place to relax. As rednecks, the logical thing is to get together and play with the trucks. If it's constructive and law-abiding, we can attract more people to the events!

Who do I email this to in the DHRA?

brandon.

Me usually Brandon.
DHRA has nothing to do with the after hour activities at the hotels, nor do we wish to attend, acknowledge that situation. It sounds like the police sanction some kind of after hour activities and DHRA will stay FAR from that legal nightmare. I personally feel that everyone wants to grab a steak, lot's of adult beverages and screw around with their truck. The mixture of alcohol and vehicles turns me off, but I know its what others like to do.
What we (DHRA) are interested in, is getting more activities at our show that are related to the diesel culture.
We'll keep plugging away at it!

Eric, I'll be available for a storytelling hour if need be LOL

Back