Info on a twin setup

MOPSD250

Im looking to put twins in my truck here shortly. I'm already running a super b special. Its a little laggy to my liking. I have a HX35 can I use that with the B on top? Kinda new at this twin stuff.

Reset your valve lash to 8 intake and 15 exhaust and that turbo shouldn't feel laggy any more.

basically, with tighter lash, it makes the valve actually use all of the lift and duration of your camshaft.

.008 on the intake valves
.015 on exhaust.
it takes les than an hour and is well worth it.

basically, with tighter lash, it makes the valve actually use all of the lift and duration of your camshaft.

.008 on the intake valves
.015 on exhaust.
it takes les than an hour and is well worth it.

ok that makes sense. Ima give it a try

I run .007 and .010 int/exh and it does make a difference. Further, if that is not enough get a t4 housing and a spool flange when they become available for a very very large decrease in spool time.

Very good info about setting lash a little tighter. I couldn't believe how much difference it made with spooling the 66 I had. MOPSD250, I haven't talked to you in years, we posted alot over at TDS back in the day. See you got tired of fighting that 6.0 too. LOL Steven

Very good info about setting lash a little tighter. I couldn't believe how much difference it made with spooling the 66 I had. MOPSD250, I haven't talked to you in years, we posted alot over at TDS back in the day. See you got tired of fighting that 6.0 too. LOL Steven

Ya I was about ready to put my foot in the tailpipe of that 6.0. Had a 12V in the ford for a year and then got a good deal on a 24V out of Texas

I don't know of any ill side-effects other than don't run lash that tight on a new cam, tappets, or springs. Steven

Don't run it to tight or you can have valve to piston kissy kissy but you will be fine at 8 and 15

Don't run it to tight or you can have valve to piston kissy kissy but you will be fine at 8 and 15

Just of curiosity, how tight can you go before a make out session happens when using stock pistons and stock cam...I dont plan on going any tighter than what yall have listed.

Just of curiosity, how tight can you go before a make out session happens when using stock pistons and stock cam...I dont plan on going any tighter than what yall have listed.

There is only one way to find out. Remove a valve spring and use a checking spring. Set the lash wherever you desire and verify. In honesty it is extremely unlikely that any NORMAL change in lash would result in piston to valve contact by itself without other ill things occurring.

The danger in running too tight of lash is not valve to piston contact, it's getting the lash so tight it doesn't allow the valve to fully close and the valve overheats and burns. Burning valves can burn the valve seats and destroy the head.

I have checked my lash hot and cold and there was extremely little difference as in ~ .001". If you set it properly cold you should be fine. That check was on stock pushrods and I now run .120 3/8" smith brothers pushrods which are a different material so sometime in the near future I plan to verify that these aren't expanding much different than the stockers.