Injection Pump

ride42

980MW
Pump is needing to come off. Looking to get some more fuel out the little 160hp. Goals are low 11s with the truck. Wondering what everyone would recommend for a good setup to tell the pump guys. I'm running 5x.014s and .030 delivery valves.

:hehe: Newer technology but taking a step back. No way.

Anyone have any ideas? I haven't read much about what can be done once benched. I never was planning on it but while it's off I might as well.

can you even put a vp on a 12 valve? seems like timing and amount of injection would be totally different, just a guess, same reason it's so hard to p-pump a 24 valve?

My guess would be that you'd talk to these "pump guys" and fine out just what your looking for.

My guess would be that you'd talk to these "pump guys" and fine out just what your looking for.

Thought of this myself. It being a weekend not too many shops are open here in Utah to talk to them. Figured I'd post something here because there are people on here that have had their pumps gone through and what they did/how and the likes. Thanks for the reply though.

Have the barrels turned as far as they can and put a cam in it. I plan to get a pump in the future and do just this. Good luck!

Get it maxed out. You can always set the plate back if its to much. I would try to get 500cc out of it. Thing is, alot of the shops like to use full cuts, have them set it up with a set of .022s or .024s. You wont get the smoke and heat that go with the full cuts.
You can also get a 5kgsk, but the more I read about them the 4k is better for a daily driver.

I hear that Diesel Performance Engineering in Savannah Missouri sets up some nice pumps without the CDS price.

I would do 4k kit, 022 dv's, have the barrels turned and matched too eachother, mack plug, better cam if they have one, I think if you tell them to max it out they should know what to do, grab a few pointers from here, stay away from the full cuts, good luck bryce let me know how it turns out

Already have 4ks. It has .030 DVs in it and I am liking the way they are fueling. Was thinking about turning the barrels and getting them matched and have the mack plug in the mail for delivery sometime this week. I'd like to get a 215hp cam to put in it as well.

just send it off and have them 12mm your pump and set the cc's on 450 low side, so you can slide plate up for more fuel when needed. i had my pump build at 13mm with 600cc fuel low side, my high side cc's are 740's.

I just maxed my barrels out mac plug put a govnor spring in your afc 024s maybe even full cuts. I made 638 with 024s. You could talk to Brad (Bponci) and send him your pump and he can get you where you want to be.

Sounds good. Thanks for the help guys.

Anyone else with info feel free to chime in.