injector choice/ quicker spool help please

stangman95

97 185hp pump truck 5spd Brand new motor Marine pistons 28* timing O- ring head Compound hx35/ht60 Custom cut DVs. Close to full cut but not. Marine 370s Hx35 has a lot of WG work done to help with drive pressure.

My question is what is a good injector to put in place of the 370s? Im pretty sure i need around 150hp injectors. This truck is just a driver/hauler. No racing/pulling. I also cant seem to get the chargers to lite until 1700rpm. Id like to get something to make it a little more efficient. 7 hole maybe? I know the marine injectors arent the best haha. Id like yo get a better spool and more efficiency. Thanks

Why do you have your timing so high? 18* or so would tow good and still be fun to drive.

Seems like more of a tuning issue that an injector issue.
Marine pistons and Marine injectors should be good to go.

I went with that timing because a stock marine motor is 24° so i figured since i had marine injectors and piston bowls that would be the best timing. I really couldn't find anyone to help me at the time with a timing answer.

Souds like you need to work on tuning. That combo should spool real easy. With low timing my 62/4202 setup starts coming on strong about 1400 rpm, with timing in the low 20's they star building good boost around 1500-1600 rpm.

So should i drop timing back to 18-20? My mind tells me that more timing causes higher cylinder pressures so i would think faster spool but i guess i misunderstand how timing affects diesel's. I really appreciate all the input and im sorry i m coming across as an idiot haha. I just dont really have anyone around here that i can get good answers from locally.

Lower timing helps spool up because the late fuel continues to burn through the exhaust stroke and hits the turbo(s) turbine wheels with a lot of heat.

Do you really have a +.030" head gasket? If yes, your low compression motor is also a contributing factor to the poor spool up.

I went with that timing because a stock marine motor is 24° so i figured since i had marine injectors and piston bowls that would be the best timing. I really couldn't find anyone to help me at the time with a timing answer.

Marine motors aren't looking for boost response like an automotive engine would.

See im glad to have guys like you all to help direct me. So my best be would be to go with 18-19° timing and see how that works?

Lower timing helps spool up because the late fuel continues to burn through the exhaust stroke and hits the turbo(s) turbine wheels with a lot of heat.

Do you really have a +.030" head gasket? If yes, your low compression motor is also a contributing factor to the poor spool up.

Boost also should go up some by lowering the timing.... Right???