injector questions

1stgencummins17

just a sled puller
i called up sdx (southern diesel extreme) about injectors i asked them about their custom 6 holes an he gave me a price of 650 not including core charge then i asked him about their 5x.016s an which is better for my truck 5 hole or 6 hole he told either one but they build their 5 holes for better atomization an put more lift in them to compensate for the one less hole so my question is which would run better 5x.016s or 6x.016s?

an can someone elaborate on the more lift compensating for the one less hole?

the price for the 5 holes were 600 not including core an they gave me an estimate of 650 for the 6 holes.

sorry for long post any help will be greatly appreciated!

6x16's are pretty hazy all the time (at least mine are) I'd go with the smaller ones if you're not planning on a twin turbo setup or a lotta bottle.

the haze really wont bother me just kinda wondering which is really better a 5 hole or 6 hole injector or even if it matters

I was thinking about 5x12 or 5x14 for mine. looking for about 300-350hp DD no towing,either a Hx-35 w/60mm comp.housing or upgrade the H1c to60mm/16cm specs.

i got a good line on a set of 6X.018s tht im gonna get an use an aeromotive a1000 to push the fuel to them an it will all be either 1/2" lines or 3/8" lines not sure yet. an thts gonna be with my hx40 hybrid charger prob wont last but o well lol

i got a good line on a set of 6X.018s tht im gonna get an use an aeromotive a1000 to push the fuel to them an it will all be either 1/2" lines or 3/8" lines not sure yet. an thts gonna be with my hx40 hybrid charger prob wont last but o well lol
With that charger, and those injectors, you're not gonna be happy. :pop:

If you're planning on running those with a VE then look out! They'll be smokey! Also if you use an A1000, make sure to loc-tite your front seal on the VE pump or else your crankcase will fill with diesel. On a p-pump, won't matter. Either way with those and that turbo you'll be able to peg the pyro in a few seconds.

If you're planning on running those with a VE then look out! They'll be smokey! Also if you use an A1000, make sure to loc-tite your front seal on the VE pump or else your crankcase will fill with diesel. On a p-pump, won't matter. Either way with those and that turbo you'll be able to peg the pyro in a few seconds.

ya i thts alot of fuel wat if i shot sum water/meth to it an got a bigger charger like a 62 or 64mm?

Its my personal opinion that 6x16s are way too big for what you are trying to do.
VE pumps are a low rpm pump, when injectors are opened up that much, they just put the fire out. Cant tune enough fuel out of the bottom to make em run right.

Why not get a set of 5x14s? They good for 450hp with air on a 12mm pump.

my brother has a schwziter s300 thts wat he said it was he said it was a 62/75 idk wat size the ex. housing is but it looks quite big. it has 115 stamped in it can anybody tell me wat this would be or if it would work alrite with those 6x.18. wen it was on his truck it was real laggy. would i be able to get possibly a smaller ex. housing for it.

But he was having trouble lighting it with his 95 tht has 370s gutted afc an no plate an a cam

1st thing: No AFC's I have been seeing sometimes do not light a turbo very well.

2nd: P-pumps are way different than VE's in injector sizing.

That housing might be a big 1.x a/r and yes, it will take forever to light. Getting a .8-.9 housing will help.