Injector queston?

100farmall

I have come across a set of 100 hp jammer injectors and I was wondering if they would work in my truck. My truck is stock with only a daiblo power puck, AEM cold air intake , and a straight piped exhaust. Will this be too much injector for me or will I be OK? Thanks for any help! John

it'd be ok. add a boost elbow and go to 35psi. dont do anything without guages!!!

might not do your clutch or tranny a lot of good, but it will more fun to drive---chris

i have the same injector u got and before my turbo swap to a SuperB it was still quite manageable ull get alot of smoke in full trottle but if u watch ur right foot its a nice upgrade

What the previous three posts have said is ALL true, the stock turbo will handle them...barely, same with the stock tranny or clutch.

What would be a good turbo to go to? I do a little bit of towing, mostly cows and hay, but I soon will have a camper. Should I just wait till I can get a new turbo before I do the injectors, or just shop around for a set of 40 or 50 hp injectors. Would there be as many issues with these? I do plan other mods to my truck in the future but being a family man I have to put the mods to my truck on the back burner sometimes. Thanks for your info and advice, John

catch 22! if you get too much injector you need a bigger turbo, if you get the bigger turbo first you wont have enough fuel to light it! Be honest and figure how much power you NEED to have. I would say, get yourself some RV275s and save fuel and $$ for a 62/65/12 /or HX40 turbo, then if you're still thirsty for power get an Adrenaline and enjoy the free included guages, the 2-3 mpg gain and the 180+ hp gains at the touch of a button!

Go with the rvs you will like them, i pull a 35ft 5er all the time and the stock turbo does just fine.

I was wondering about the smoke?! One other person said that the 100 hp injectors will have alot of smoke at full throttle. I was just wondering about the rv275s. Smoke dosent bother me eighter way. I was just wondering what to look forward to.

it depends the 100's are good for playing and work but if you work with them then a turbo is nessicarry to use them completely. but if you want to keep the budget low get the rv's

RV275's are a GREAT light upgrade in injector, EGT's will stay manageable and the stock turbo will clean them up to a light haze. The Jammer 100's are going to smoke, full throttle before the boost comes up is gonna be turn on your headlights bad. The stock turbo will run them, but you will have to watch your EGT's towing.

Thank everyine for the advice and tips. I ordered me a set of 275's last nght. I think this will be the best route for me. Thanks again! John

Get an HTBG. I had a 62/12/65 and with 285 and 3.54 gears the truck had plenty of power if you kept the Rpm up. Below 2000 rpm in 6th gear it would warm up a little on ya, until it got up on boost. I mean don't get me wrong it would pull a 12K load at 90 mph easy. Just the 55-65 mph you were either running 2400+ in 5th or you were watching the EGT gage in 6th.

Get an HTBG. I had a 62/12/65 and with 285 and 3.54 gears the truck had plenty of power if you kept the Rpm up. Below 2000 rpm in 6th gear it would warm up a little on ya, until it got up on boost. I mean don't get me wrong it would pull a 12K load at 90 mph easy. Just the 55-65 mph you were either running 2400+ in 5th or you were watching the EGT gage in 6th.

the "G" indicates a 57mm compressor wheel. a 2 would = a 62mm.
htbg= 57/12or14/65
htb2= 62/12or14/65
right?

Correct TurboLVR.

You can also get the stainless 13cm with either 65 or 71 turbine wheel.