Injector Rattle

wannabecummins

Baloney Tugboat
So i recently installed some used ddp 90 horse nozzles on my 04.5 cr. I'm running an arson III and smarty beta 4.2 programming. This thing has mad injector rattle now and it is super annoying. You can't even hear the truck over the rattle when accelerating. It goes away around 2200rpm or more than 1/2 throttle acceleration. What has me confused is that sometimes after i drive the truck and let it sit for awhile and then get in and drive it again the rattle is gone for a few seconds and then it comes back. any thoughts on what it would be, it's driving me nuts:doh:

Taken the program out yet to see if it does it then too?

Do you have a pressure box of any kind?

Do it seem to run / accelerate like its supposed to?

Are you sure it's actually Inj. Rattle and not the infamous "Rattle / Clatter" that Ty (triton's) and Mine ( along with others) have? Sounds very similar to Inj. rattle but goes away when Boost comes up... Pretty loud outside the truck when accelerating off Idle..

Just a few questions to help us help you...

Are you sure it's actually Inj. Rattle and not the infamous "Rattle / Clatter" that Ty (triton's) and Mine ( along with others) have? Sounds very similar to Inj. rattle but goes away when Boost comes up... Pretty loud outside the truck when accelerating off Idle..
got a more elaborate explanation in another thread I can read? Mine started rattling after about 20K miles of an EDGE EZ on 70hp. Even with the box gone it rattles variably with the throttle input (obviously) and now I have a dead injector.

Ty's (triton) has a good vid of his truck making the sound we're talking about...Do a search for triton's stuff...

It was a while back though...

I'll see if I can find it as well..

I'll save you the trouble....

http://www.streetfire.net/video/burnout_641335.htm

FYI to the OP.... in 4 years I've yet to find out why it rattles. Of all the possibilities, IMO it's the fact the larger honed tips allow a lot of fuel to be released during the pilot injection. Once rpm's / boost are built.... it's gone. Truck runs fine I just have to turn up the radio a little louder.

dunno about you guys, but i think rattle sounds cool. i dont know a damn thing about CR injection systems so im not sure if it hurts the engine or not, but on my 12 valve i think the timing rattle sounds kinda mean $.02

lol

Mine first built motor that was so decompressed, didn't sound "Mean"..More like it was gonna come apart while driving around town and beside building / cars.... I was simply embarrassed to drive it...

My last two motors have been a bit quieter ( I guess due to being up on compression a bit but still lower than stock)....

Sad that I even have to say that ^

Now I hate my rattle, but it doesn't seem as bad as onetun's rattle on that dyno blast...
Ive been all kinds of paranoid about it
thought it would go away with new sticks... wrong
oh well

Now I hate my rattle, but it doesn't seem as bad as onetun's rattle on that dyno blast...
Ive been all kinds of paranoid about it
thought it would go away with new sticks... wrong
oh well

Don't worry man!

I have had it with 3 separate builds - 3 totally different set of pistons with different compression ratio's - Different Injector tips or diff. sizes - Different Cams -

All my failures were not related to anything to do with the rattle..So I'd just let it go...If Ty didn't find and get rid of it, It Can't be...lol
Ty's did it with a Single and Twins...Mine's always had the twins since doing it.

Seems that the consistants are these:
Dual cp3's (Cummins below a Dmax pump) PPE
I think he has an H2 cam too.

I run stock 03 dodge cp3 over 6.7 cp3 with arson3 in a II kit
200 dragon flows
stock cam

what's even more constant than anything is, larger injectors. I've mentioned it before but, my wifes truck is completely stock and does it. It's just not as predominate as a truck that's been modded. I've chalked it up to the nature of a CR

what's even more constant than anything is, larger injectors. I've mentioned it before but, my wifes truck is completely stock and does it. It's just not as predominate as a truck that's been modded. I've chalked it up to the nature of a CR

Did you mean to say " Prominent "

LOL

:stab:

Definition for predominate- be in majority: to be the most common or greatest in number or amount
- be more important: to have greater importance, power, or influence than others
- dominate somebody or something: to dominate or control somebody or something

Definition for prominent
- well-known: distinguished, eminent, or well-known
- noticeable: noticeable or conspicuous
- sticking out: large and projecting

Sorry Ty!! I haven't got to mess with you in a while in person, So........:shake:

sorry, I'll go ahead and turn myself in for a paddling.
damn, a cop.... school teacher and one who blows motors every few thousand miles. You got me man, on all three counts. I've yet to mess with you either :stab:

I think Sam an I have you a little scared though:lolly:

sorry, I'll go ahead and turn myself in for a paddling.
damn, a cop.... school teacher and one who blows motors every few thousand miles. You got me man, on all three counts. I've yet to mess with you either :stab:

I think Sam an I have you a little scared though:lolly:

:poke:

SCARED?!?! PIFT!!!!!

LOL

Bring It!!!:Cheer:

LOL

That's Apples to Squirels now Son!!

Ain't the Same game any more!!

Don't be Scared man!! LOL

LOL

Ain't the Same game any more!!

Don't be Scared man!! LOL

oh wait a minute... what's this, a misspelling

that would be " squirrel " the correct spelling of this term :)

I'm good so, as long as you can make it to the track without blowing up ( LOL did I say that out loud ).... will have a go at it... I'm not playing with the same squirrel anymore either

Back