Injector Rattle

I guess i'm out of the list being stock. I swapped out my failed injector. No more BS sounds...

Not sure if any of you guys have experience with it, but I would liken mine to the way a 3126 heui sounds when it fires up on a cold morning.

I think what we are hearing actually is the detonation of the fuel. Mine because of a malfunctioning injector, others because of the fuel rate.

I was going to stay out of this but mine has "The rattle" as swole and ty have heard it...it has gotten worse with the new INJ. but i thought it would with the size i went too

BTW no phill you have to be above 800hp but if you can break 700 at shop day we will give you a spot.

Yours is probably gonnna be more of the old CP3 gear lash issue...
Nothing to worry about there.

This rattle / clatter / ticking that we're talking about only occurs under load at low rpm / low boost and then goes away or lessons significantly once we get to around 5 - 10 psi of boost...

Oh okay good to know, I will be doing that CP3 adjustment in the near future.
Would it still be the CP3 even though I can't hear it until the engine is completely warmed up?

Not really sure about the warm up deal... I know most have it when warm though...Not sure if it's pronounced when cold...

If you've got the time then it's worth a shot if it bugs ya that bad....

I hate weird noises!! lol

:hehe: damn... pretty confident with the new build are we ?

Not that as much as I am about power to weight ratio's!!

Just plug your's in the Cal. and see....You gonna need MuchO HP to catch me son!!

bif

lol

Ok, ok.... I'll give you that. Thing is... you have to make it to the track with a running truck to win LOL :Cheer:

Ok, ok.... I'll give you that. Thing is... you have to make it to the track with a running truck to win LOL :Cheer:

lol

So far so good on this build.... I'm thinking it'll do it!!!

We'll find out soon what it'll do... I'm getting ancy!! At least a pass or two to find out where it's out.... Feels just about as strong or a bit stronger...
So hard to tell with the SOP meter......

lol

So far so good on this build.... I'm thinking it'll do it!!!

We'll find out soon what it'll do... I'm getting ancy!! At least a pass or two to find out where it's out.... Feels just about as strong or a bit stronger...
So hard to tell with the SOP meter......

Remember Swole, MODERATION is key!!!

just an update...... with my new tnt-r tune and it set on default sw-4 the rattle is pretty much non-existent. It is there but it is very quiet and disappears very quick

Back