injector size

POWERSTROKER

hello, this is my first thread and im not real sure what to do so i'll just ask the question i need help answering.

the current mods on my truck right now are on my sig, but i'm no longer happy with the power, i want the best injector/turbo/tuning combo. i want the best injectors with the best turbo and the best tuning. its a daily driver but i also want to take it to the strip and still be able to do light towing, 5000 pounds or less. any input would be very helpfull

-thanks

Ditch the edge, and get you an SCT tuned by one of our sponsors. Injectors: 190's from Casserly. Turbo? The VGTSS seems to be a good option as does the Turbonetics.

^^^^What he said. Look at his sig and mine. We are running about the same in the 1/4.

I tow 10K trailer about half of the miles I drive the truck. I have 164K on it as of today.

is that the best turbo, or should i convert the truck to a late 99, and get a better turbo/

no i'm wondering if there are better turbos available for a late 99 that are not available for an early 99

I like Dynamite Diesel injectors for new. Remans from Bean.

If you want ease of install with moderate power go with a D66 and stage 2 injectors.

If you want big power go with a modded H2E and hybrid injectors. If you go this way you will also need head studs and stiffer valve springs.

I think for an early99 the H2E is the best way to go. It ends up about the same cost as a late99 conversion.

maybe take that question over to powerstrokenation.com you may get more opinions there.

nice suggestions luke. :hehe:

POWERSTROKER said:
and what about tuning, who has the absolute best tunes out there???
Your asking the questions wrong.
You should be asking who has the best running packages out there in the 7.3 Power Stroke world that will GUARANTEE results.
That will narrow down your search big time as well as making it easier to sift threw the usual BS.

Powerstroke Racer said:
Your asking the questions wrong.
You should be asking who has the best running packages out there in the 7.3 Power Stroke world that will GUARANTEE results.
That will narrow down your search big time as well as making it easier to sift threw the usual BS.

:rolleyes:

What David is trying to say is look here: http://www.dieselinnovations.com/di.php?page=products&product=16

This a route to follow that is proven time and time again.

Last edited:
BIGRPOWR said:
maybe take that question over to powerstrokenation.com you may get more opinions there.

nice suggestions luke. :hehe:

I suggested what has worked for me:rules:

Glasseater said:
listen to luke, he knows about different injector and turbo sizes

as much as i say to hate this..... David has ran 1 or 2 more inj and turbo combos than i have. He might know a little more than I about this subject. :bang

OK OK who has the best running packages out there in the 7.3 Power Stroke world that will GUARANTEE results?? oh and i almost forgot one minor detail, who has the best proven trannys for the 7.3