injector tip broke off......

i dont know of ddp every being know as a cheap injector

My point was that it is far more likely with a cheap injector. I was not saying that DDP's were cheap in price or quality.

The failure in my example was due to a cheap set of injectors.

Last edited:
My point was that it is far more likely with a cheap injector. I was not saying that DDP's were cheap in price or quality.

The failure in my example was due to a cheap set of injectors.

Eh..... They arent the best quality either. My DDP were all kinds of messed up when i puled them out. Had to have them refreshed, up until then I factored out the injectors cause they were only a year old. Got them fixed up and a lot of my problems went away :snoop:

bna5917 whos injectors was you using when you had the problem with the tip coming off?

I honestly don't know whose they were. My friend bought them from a punk that lives near us (against my advice). But I suspect they were those coaltrain injectors that you can find on ebay. They had very little positive effect on the trucks performance.

Engines out!

183178_189296121093239_100000385567589_525304_3558903_n.jpg

181922_189296137759904_100000385567589_525305_3311813_n.jpg

25 hours after you posted about the broken injector... You work fast! LOL

I woulda had it out the same day when i blew the injector, but had another project to finish. I love how easy it is to work on these fummins! Only took 3.5hrs to pull the engine and trans by myself!

I guess it's a good thing you pulled it out right from the start. I was gonna ask why you didn't just pull the head and check the piston out.

That sucks though. What are you going to do from here? Replace just the piston?

head is junk, if ya look hard you can see part of the intake valve in the piston. picked up a good used head today and headed to machine shop with the junk! Total damage is 6 junk pistons, junk head, 2 broken valves, 1 injector, turbine wheel, bent push rod, broken lifter........and i think thats it!

Can I interest anyone in a few sets of DDP injectors?

Very high quality.

ehhh that picture made me cringe.....
glad i got rid of DDP3's (AKA) 370's with raised pop pressure.

And number 3,4,5,6 at some point all 6 intake valves were held open by derbie getting sucked threw the engine!!!

It looked like all the rest of the pistons ate part of the number 1intake valve

Pics of the other pistons? How do you assume that small part of the nozzle broke the stem of the valve?

Last edited:
Back