injector tip broke off......

It seems to me like you may have had more problems than the #1 injector. Either way it sucks. Good luck with the rebuild.

Pics of the other pistons? How do you assume that small part of the nozzle broke the stem of the valve?

Heres how the whole thing went down, driving to work down the freeway rpms about 2700. Power drops instantly and engine dies out. I had this happen once before when my fass pump came un-plugged. Assuming thats what it was at first i made sure the fass pump was running and had psi. Seemed to be ok so i restarted it and it was running rough with a pretty good tick and had a good amount of white/gray smoke out the stack. Id assume that at this point the smoke and tick was from the injector. Long story short on the rest of the damage, I had to get get to work no matter what, work pipeline and they dont care about excuses! Drove the truck home 15miles to get the spare and the end result is what you see. I know ya think im stupid for driving it but if i could have found someone to come get me at 3am i would have.....Im not blaming this on anyone but myself.:bang

Makes me wonder about my DDP3's They were just freshened up so I am going to assume they wont do this to me....

I don't see it being an injector issue, any nozzle can have tip failure, but I've replaced nozzles that have looked like that before, and it wasn't from the tip breaking off. Do yourself a favor and find out what the installed intake centerline is.

Installed intake cente line??? For us dummies, me especially, care to go a bit with an explanation.

Hes telling me I better degree my cam and make sure it isn't hitting the pistons!

Back