Injectors?

I plan on using my 7x12's by JL machine in mine... any idea what timing they will start to exit the bowl? I was wanting to run about 22-24*... No way I could afford a set of F-1's atm. Really, its the spray angle that affects when it leaves the bowl, right? And custom tips for the 24V bodies are what run the cost up... anyone other than F-1 do that work? I thought JL did, but I don't remember exactly the conversation we had when mine were done.

I bumped my timming to 25.5 with ddp 175s and its alot better. Ill get it on the dyno this week and see what it makes. B4 timming was at 20 and It made 498/1190 in 95* weather.

The injectors in my truck at the moment are DDP Comp 250's. They are a smokey mess, too big I assume. At 28* the idle haze is like a Pro Mod pull truck. At 22* they haze pretty bad at idle and I really have to watch the right foot while driving.

The injectors in my truck at the moment are DDP Comp 250's. They are a smokey mess, too big I assume. At 28* the idle haze is like a Pro Mod pull truck. At 22* they haze pretty bad at idle and I really have to watch the right foot while driving.

Im having the same problem but the more timming I add they get better. Im sure Im way out of the bowl but they run alot better now at 25.5

Im having the same problem but the more timming I add they get better. Im sure Im way out of the bowl but they run alot better now at 25.5

Do you daily drive your truck??? I wouldn't mind if I didn't daily drive the truck and the truck hazed like it does. I think I need to find a cleaner injector to daily drive. When RPM's are above 2k it's not bad.

I do and the more timming I add the cleaner it gets, at 15 it was really bad. What are you running for turbo set up?I think there are injectors out there that will be better.Someone is going to let me try a set of mach6 set up for a ppump.I know Ron has no haze issue like the ddps have

I do and the more timming I add the cleaner it gets, at 15 it was really bad. What are you running for turbo set up?I think there are injectors out there that will be better.Someone is going to let me try a set of mach6 set up for a ppump.I know Ron has no haze issue like the ddps have

I am running a Silver Bullet at the moment, but I have an S480 to go underneath. I have a set of F-1 Mach 6's setup for the P-pump, and at 30* they were not good. The injectors were washing down the cylinders.

I plan on using my 7x12's by JL machine in mine... any idea what timing they will start to exit the bowl? I was wanting to run about 22-24*... No way I could afford a set of F-1's atm. Really, its the spray angle that affects when it leaves the bowl, right? And custom tips for the 24V bodies are what run the cost up... anyone other than F-1 do that work? I thought JL did, but I don't remember exactly the conversation we had when mine were done.

Don I beleive uses a 7 hole sac nozzle were jons 7 holes arnt but his 6 holes are but there more $$ too Jon can also narrow them a little but when the hole size gets above 14 theres not much to play with .. I'm still not sure on timing thing I dunno if a custom cam would help on raising to use more timing or not now I know this is nothing compared to mine but a buddy of mine dynoed at schieds (engine) most power was made with 42 deg of timing and 550cc of fuel they cranked it up to 750 he lost 38hp but the egts were 150 cooler he is running a 6 hole nozzle I dont see how they can run that much timing !! They also said that was 2nd Highest HP they done for his class

When I get my injectors I need to dyno with some timing changes

I'm running the ddp comp 250's as well, pressures set for the pump timed at 23 deg. Seems to make decent power never been on a dyno yet. Smoke is controllable with the foot but there is a terrible haze when warming up and slight haze at traffic lights. Does anyone else seem to have abnormal engine noise? I checked and re-checked the timing. Adjusted the valve numerous times as well. I even went as far as tearing the front end down and checked MY timing marks in relation to the timing marks on the crank and cam. I expect a little fuel knock but this is kinda annoying. I guess my question is does anyone else seem to have a nosier engine running these inj. and this timing. I mean I've heard p-pump 24v running 30 plus deg. with schied inj. and not sound as loud as mine. Thanks LEE

You are not alone Lee. My tuck makes a lot of noise (knock) compared to a 12v

You are not alone Lee. My tuck makes a lot of noise (knock) compared to a 12v

When you push the pedal down, all those little hp's start choking because they can't breath with that single charger. When that happens they start beating on the cylinder walls because they are gasping for air. Get that other charger bolted up and they will quiet right down.

Why did you switch from the 6's?

I'm running M7's and 30*... also hazes like a mod truck at idle and is really quite smokey, even cools the cylinders at high RPM and turns smoke grey.

It seems get A LOT of blow by (causing a pretty bad oil leak) so I'm affriad to run it at higher RPM (beyond 4ooo) to see if it'll clear the smoke.

Could it be washing down the cylinders causing some of the blow by???
If so, wouldn't it pick up power if the combustion was staying in the cylinder/bowl??

I know I need to try some smaller DV's and timing changes and AFC mods. Just wondering where to start...well, I'm gonna start with the AFC, cuz it's cheap. LOL

man you can get 325 pretty easy with a vp. if all your looking at making max is 400, i'd stay with the vp.

Yeppers,If I did was drive around town and was not often out in the middle of nowhere I'd stick with the VP...however
I'm thinking of P-pumping my truck,for reliability.

Nothing like having your VP leave you engine-less when you are in the middle of nowhere in -10* weather,not my idea of a good time,and it's expensive!

I like the vrooming noise to happen when I try to start the truck.

I'll figure it out myself if I've got to,you all seem to know what you are talking about,so I thought I could shorten the learning curve,that's all.

Well I need to retract the hole with angle statement after ordering a set today we talked on timing he said with big holes say 20 and up he can narrow them alot but one needs alot of air to use them

I'm running M7's and 30*... also hazes like a mod truck at idle and is really quite smokey, even cools the cylinders at high RPM and turns smoke grey.

It seems get A LOT of blow by (causing a pretty bad oil leak) so I'm affriad to run it at higher RPM (beyond 4ooo) to see if it'll clear the smoke.

Could it be washing down the cylinders causing some of the blow by???
If so, wouldn't it pick up power if the combustion was staying in the cylinder/bowl??

I know I need to try some smaller DV's and timing changes and AFC mods. Just wondering where to start...well, I'm gonna start with the AFC, cuz it's cheap. LOL

I loaned my bore scope to Chad(CL2000) If you need to do a look see and see if you are spraying out of the bowl, I could have him send it up to you. It's not an expensive bore scope, but it works good for that.
Ron

Ron where are you seeing your Machs come out of the bowl at? What timing?

Those of you that are seeing yours come out of the bowl, what pistons are you running?