Injectors?

stock here, I think CR would work better , I almost had the edges of mine cut out some but thought it might mess up other things

When you push the pedal down, all those little hp's start choking because they can't breath with that single charger. When that happens they start beating on the cylinder walls because they are gasping for air. Get that other charger bolted up and they will quiet right down.

You do have a valid point!

Why did you switch from the 6's?

I'm running M7's and 30*... also hazes like a mod truck at idle and is really quite smokey, even cools the cylinders at high RPM and turns smoke grey.

It seems get A LOT of blow by (causing a pretty bad oil leak) so I'm affriad to run it at higher RPM (beyond 4ooo) to see if it'll clear the smoke.

Could it be washing down the cylinders causing some of the blow by???
If so, wouldn't it pick up power if the combustion was staying in the cylinder/bowl??

I know I need to try some smaller DV's and timing changes and AFC mods. Just wondering where to start...well, I'm gonna start with the AFC, cuz it's cheap. LOL

SHughes answered for me. I have exact same issue.

a timing change is free if you have the tools. im running 27* and according to rods findings thats close to the limit of the stock piston bowl.

this winter when i tear it all down i will inspect it closer and will have my pistons cut a bit to allow for greater timing without spraying out of the bowl

I loaned my bore scope to Chad(CL2000) If you need to do a look see and see if you are spraying out of the bowl, I could have him send it up to you. It's not an expensive bore scope, but it works good for that.
Ron

Im all done with it Ron I bought one Ill give you a call and find out where you want me to send it.

I used a scope that u pretty much used 1 eye and had to focus with it, is this the type u guys use?? I heard they have some that u can hook up to a monitor ? Sence there out I'm going to take another look sence I lowerd my timing

I either heard this here or somewere about when one is hazing alot (idle) its usally hitting outside of the bowl already this true ???

I either heard this here or somewere about when one is hazing alot (idle) its usally hitting outside of the bowl already this true ???

If your setup (injectors, washers, timing, pistons, HG thickness, etc) = spraying out of the bowl, then it will be spraying out of the bowl worse at idle vs. higher rpms...

As you already know, dumping fuel in late in the stroke leads to incomplete combustion which will cause hazing as well...

Lowered compression will do the same thing (no boost low rpms = incomplete combustion = hazing)

The injectors in my truck at the moment are DDP Comp 250's. They are a smokey mess, too big I assume. At 28* the idle haze is like a Pro Mod pull truck. At 22* they haze pretty bad at idle and I really have to watch the right foot while driving.

I have a set of DDP 250's I was gonna throw in this week to see how they were, but I might hold off after reading this. The 66mm is cleaning up the 150's pretty good, but I do have a little bit of plate left in it.

On the contrary I have DDP 250's in my truck right now with a CDS built 550cc pump and at 27* I have very little haze at idle, and nearly none once its warmed up. I could drive it smoke free with a careful right foot, and thats spooling an S400 as a single. mine are left at VP specs tho, the higher pop off helps with atomization.

tate, try them and form your own opinion, each truck is different. i doubt the 66 will clean them up tho depending on your pump mods.

a timing change is free if you have the tools. im running 27* and according to rods findings thats close to the limit of the stock piston bowl.

this winter when i tear it all down i will inspect it closer and will have my pistons cut a bit to allow for greater timing without spraying out of the bowl

Do you have the tools?

no, i have two friends with the tools tho. as soon as i have an extra couple hundred bucks to burn im def gonna buy a set.

im sure lloyd has a set even tho thats a long drive for you.

Yeah Lloyd has the stuff...whether it's at his house or the new shop I don't know, and there a 30 minutes drive difference. LOL

Maybe I'll just have him bring it to Spring Fling and do before/after dyno runs.

A little update with my injector issue. I installed my converted Mach 6's today with the lower timing (22*). These injectors now run clean!!! Of course I still have to watch the right foot, but that's expected. They idle smoke free and I can actually put my foot in it a bit without worry of smoking out the world.

Another question...

How much time/miles do you need in order to see the spray pattern???

RonA, before I asked to borrow your borscope I'd liek to know it would be worth while and not wasting your time.

tate, try them and form your own opinion, each truck is different. i doubt the 66 will clean them up tho depending on your pump mods.

Good call. Pump is stock 215 with the basics. Got a dyno day on the weekend, just want to see what I can squeeze out of it without too much effort. Still on stock gasket and bolts, otherwise I'd crank the timing and have fun.

Another question...

How much time/miles do you need in order to see the spray pattern???

RonA, before I asked to borrow your borscope I'd liek to know it would be worth while and not wasting your time.

I'm wondering the same thing...?

I was told to just run it for a couple of minutes at idle.

How much does the spray pattern change (further in the bowl) as you go from idle to 5000 rpm?

The fuel coming out of the injector is traveling the same speed (for a given hole size) but the piston is traveling upwards over 6 times faster (800rpm vs 5000rpm).

It must change alot since the electronic controlled engines vary the timing alot from idle to max rpm. Heck a VP truck goes from roughly 6 degrees to 26 degrees (idle to 3500 rpm). Wouldn't this be done to keep the fuel in the bowl and make the most power at that rpm?