Insurance Co. drops client B/C its a sled puller!!!!!

Highfinance97

Garofalo Enterprises
A kid called me today and told me this......

Had a pull last Monday with FPP at a local fair, we had to show proof of insurance.

He got a call today from his insurance co. (Safe auto:hehe:) that they are dropping him B/C he sled pulled with the truck!!!!!:what:

Did FPP give out the info????
Did someone call his Insurance Co. just to be an ass??
Or................

Anyone hear of anything like this??

On Edit: I called them and asked if i would be covered and they said no because "If its in a truck pull that means it has been altered and we dont allow that" then i told the lady that it would be in a "Pure stock" class, and she said NO

Be Aware!

Be Aware

Guys - Im just not pushing our association's services but please check your coverage on your truck and your diesel shop.

Since we have been offering coverage to our members at a discount, our company that handles that (Citadel Services) has found that almost all are not properly covered by their policy!

You still keep on paying on it but if you try and make a claim not only will they deny the claim but cancel your policy immediately!

Through NADM, Citadel will cover any diesel vehicle and diesel shop, they specialize in analiziing your coverage - both own diesels and compete!

Check them out on our web site under "new to nadm" or call your local agent to check coverage.

Just last month they found a shop that was covered as a oil/lube shop instead of full service and the trucks were covered as delivery vehicles - anything happened - they wouldnt be covered! Get it in writing and be truthful or it won't be covered.

Our member's insurance discount runs anywhere from 15% to 50% of what you are currently paying.

RK

I have my truck insurance through Nationwide. It is a commercial business policy & I am covered on/off road. I actually called & had my insurance company send proof of insurance to my local fair so that I could sled pull.

pulling a sled or pulling a camp trailer where is there more danger?

That's kinda retarded, because it's my general understanding that if your truck is at a competition event, it is NOT covered with most companies. Why they would need to cancel a policy over an act that is already NOT covered, makes no sense at all.

pulling a sled or pulling a camp trailer where is there more danger?

Yeah, also think about things like this....I tow between 15-18k almost daily. Alot of my driving is highway driving & there has been a time or two when I'd be following another guy towing a trailer who pops a tire & tries to gain control. I've also seen trailers take control of the truck & flip them. I've been in many situations where I had to stop quickly because some idiot pulls out from Dairy Queen with his kids screaming because they didn't get enough syrup, not paying attention to the guy coming up quick behind them with his Exhaust brake blazin' & his brakes locked. I've had my Dodge hooked to my Tandem dump which was loaded with a trailer & D41 Komatsu dozer stuck on a icy hill & in a spot where it just needed a little tug to get over the top. I feel much safer pulling a sled than living my daily life.

That's kinda retarded, because it's my general understanding that if your truck is at a competition event, it is NOT covered with most companies. Why they would need to cancel a policy over an act that is already NOT covered, makes no sense at all.

What he said. Makes no sense.

From what I know with my experience with FPP, I highly doubt they would have anything to do with this.

1) They have no time for crap like that, they spend dang near every day on the road all summer getting to the next pull all over the tri-state area;
2) it would not benefit them in the least. Shyte like this going around will scare pullers off, and that directly impacts their bottom line negatively.

I would bet that an agent was in the crowd and saw a truck/driver he recognized. The agent probably followed corporate procedures to cover his arse and protect his job. OR, someone who has a grudge against said puller e-mailed a video to corporate as a payback.

And not to pick on anyone with Safe Auto but it would be my guess that if they're using them, they're probably locally semi-famous already for something they did. By the time you are forced to use SA you might need to be on your best behavior. Just a thought.

That's a load of crap. I'd drop them and find better insurance. I don't sled pull but Farmers Union covers crap like this so what's the difference? :D

08-01-08_1041.jpg

Anytime you exceed the GCW of a vehicle you are taking a risk. It happens all the time, but it only takes once. Just like speeding, do you get a ticket everytime you do it? Even if your insurance says your covered, it still opens up the chances of if a suit is brought against ya, that you may not win.

Most insurance companies wont drop you they just wont cover you while you are on the track or pulling! If anything happens while you are pulling or racing you are on your own but most people know that!

Most have been an agent in the crowd that recognized you - bummer - never heard of anyone getting canceled just for participating!

I'd find another company!

RK

RK are you saying citadel actually provides coverage to vehicles while they are competing?

Anytime you exceed the GCW of a vehicle you are taking a risk. It happens all the time, but it only takes once. Just like speeding, do you get a ticket everytime you do it? Even if your insurance says your covered, it still opens up the chances of if a suit is brought against ya, that you may not win.

GCVWR/GVWR are ratings and sugjestions. not the limit. and are a marketing ploy

axles and springs are rated. the weakest rated part in your suspesnion arcoding to DOT rules is the max GVW/GCVW you can go to.

example: 2500HD can range form 10,800-15,000 GVW pending rims and tires... acording to DOT rules and regulations.

that will get some WTFs :hehe:

on topic... it is just like getting you insurance revoke for going down the drag strip. :bang

progressive has no problems with drag, dyno, sledpulling

RK are you saying citadel actually provides coverage to vehicles while they are competing?

Yes they do! It's not priced that bad either - give them a call - of course you have to be a member of NADM to get the insurance but Im sure most of you are anyway:rockwoot: right?

RK

My truck box got smashed at a truck pull.. My insurance paid to have it fixed then went after the guy that caused the damage..
American Family does me right!

Back