Intercooler Boot Sizes...

bbtank45

Running a factory intercooler but need to upgrade my 45 degree boots(2) to a more rigid hose. Currently, my top hoses are cut sections of 150 psi hose from siliconeintakes.com. My problem is, before i purchase the 45 degree hoses, i would like to find out what two different diameters are on the pipe coming from the turbo and the diameter of the intercooler inlet.

Thanks,

Ben B.

Enterprise has a new silicone boot in stock for $75 that is stronger then the three PDR boots I've blown.

Lavon

Enterprise has a new silicone boot in stock for $75 that is stronger then the three PDR boots I've blown.

Lavon

Lavon,..... i know its kinda the cheap way, but do you have any experience with the hose from siliconeintakes? supposedly its a 150 psi hose.

Each bending reducer is $20.... and it comes in cool colors:woohoo:

i have the silicone intakes boots on the car. quality is up there, better than china bay stuff. i have yet to make a lot of power, or any at all. but we will see what happens

Lavon,..... i know its kinda the cheap way, but do you have any experience with the hose from siliconeintakes? supposedly its a 150 psi hose.

Each bending reducer is $20.... and it comes in cool colors:woohoo:

no experience... but I do know that it sucks to blow $225 dollars worth of boots in 3mo... it would have to be reeeealy cheap before I'd try out something new...

Lavon

I have silicone intakes hoses on my HE351 rigged setup. I think the most I've hit is 50psi at a hot 400*F charge air temp and haven't had any of my boots come loose or fail. That said, I'm still using my factory 45* bend reducers so if the factory parts are still holding up, my setup does not put that much stress on the system.

I have silicone intakes hoses on my HE351 rigged setup. I think the most I've hit is 50psi at a hot 400*F charge air temp and haven't had any of my boots come loose or fail. That said, I'm still using my factory 45* bend reducers so if the factory parts are still holding up, my setup does not put that much stress on the system.

For a while i was running my factory 45* degree bends with my twins..... they actually saw 60+ psi. a few times with no failure. However, as soon as i broke the 60 psi. mark,the first hump hose coming off the charger disintegrated.