intercooler install

what about maybe putting a machine screw in that top corner where you eliminated the bolt to hold the plastic still

maybe finding a lont one to stick through the lens with a nut to pull the lens back also to maybe adjust a little and hold it still also

The problem is you have to remove enough to where the bracket that holds the light to the backing plate on the inside is gone .The backing plate moving is not the issue but the bracket is. Rich

It could just be epoxied in position before trimming then trim and reinforced with a brace epoxied in behind the light . There would be no adjustment but it isn't needed .
I think I found a HID kit for the sealed beam conversion so Its looking less likely that I will switch back .LOL

if that works out for ya let me know how it goes because i am either gonna shorten this intercooler to keep my lights in tack or switch cause i found a kit to do HID's in the lights i have for what i think is pretty dang cheap.

0119001144.jpg

This is the look I am going for I took this pic at the junkyard before I removed this grill I am in the process of painting it white . I bought the headlights for 20 on Ebay (see the earlier pic in this thread) I know not everyone likes this style grill but everything fit and it only took about 1hour to convert from the lights like yours. Rich

Last edited:
Then again trimming the intercooler to make it shorter would be as simple as slicing through the tank on both ends then having them welded up .I think that might be easier than altering the lights.

modifying the intercooler appears to be difficult as to the 5 shops or so i called today are scared to touch it so it looks like i am modifying the headlights or going to the W/T style grill and lights.

rich i looked at that one it says it only holds 40 psi not sure how well that one will work but i do see what my other options are might just have to make some tubes to go through the core support to connect to them.

Here is the best pics of the 99 ford I/C that I have for now.

Thanks

Attachments

• G Sub 0 - Copy ss.jpg
    G Sub 0 - Copy ss.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 21
  • G Sub 1  ss.jpg
    G Sub 1 ss.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 17
Nice Install Crew Cab. Does this use the 99 Ford rad as well?

Probably cheaper than buying a rad and cooler or........ you might look into an escalade front end:poke: :hehe: Rich

i think i found one on ebay for 76 bucks that is 31x12x3 with free shipping i think i could make that work on my truck with some tubes from the turbo and to the intake.

Can you turn them straight down and go under the core support or will trimming the signals still be necessary?

i think i can get it to work without taking anything off the turn signals. i think that with the 3 in tubing that it will work out not sure will have to see. i was debating on getting and intercooler with the tubes pointing down and go that route. i will have to see how it goes i gotta get the body lift off before i fab up the rest of the stuff since i wont have to clear a crossover tube anymore over the engine.

My only concern would be the width of the rad getting in the way . With the GM Diesel rad the Dodge intercooler just barely clears. I think The 4x4 we are gearing up for will use a rad that is not so wide. Rich