Is it possible ......

maybe you can understand it like this mr. sombrero...me el broko.

Standalone ECM

Can someone tnrow me a bone on who makes them for CR engines?

I talked to both F.A.S.T. and ACCEL. Neither could work with the high voltage of the CR injectors. Motec thought they might be able to make it work by keeping the GM FICM on LB7s. But they want big money just to do the FICM research to see if they even could do it.

I was hoping for something that could drive the injectors without a FICM. Something that could be used on a Dmax or CTD.

The only issue i see is, the firing on the 6.7. Is the injector pulse, rate and duration all the same?

Digger_717 said:
Just as I thought...my buddy(who shoots me straight) says it would be impossible to go to a 5.9 computer from a 6.7.....way way way too many differences. Plugs for one are different and the 6.7 has way higher and faster capacity in memory and number of function(s).

He told me all of that in official lingo but thats the gist of his answer.

I say if man makes it man can mod it........

Why? Plugs? We can cut em off and splice in different ones LOL Remember we do not care for the emissions b.s. What would be the big deal on removing the 6.7 ecm, and splicing in a 5.9 ecm? With the diferences between the two-(5.9-6.7) all we are after is to make this 6.7 think of itself as a 5.9?

Lets say one gets a 6.7 from a wrecked truck and wants to swap it in place of a 5.9? You saying it can't be done? This purely is not the case but the same senerio applies. We can hurdle around getting the gauge cluster to operate in the vehicle. And trans connections? Anyone have a clue how involved this is?

well if you want to do as bad as it sounds like you do then do it...

Whats happening with your dragster?

Fuel rates will be different... you'll run lean.

BWAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH!! J/K, I don't see any problem with it. :hehe: :hehe:

Rather than try to make a 5.9 computer work to run the 6.7 try to figure out how to trick the sensors, or just program around them. The ford is suppose to be the most complex as far as programing goes and the emissions stuff has been successfully deleted off them. So there is no reason we can't figure it out for the chevy and dodge too. The problem is you have to ask the guys that are doing it, no one's discloseing that we got around the ford stuff cause were not ready for the EPA to know.

the dmax has already been done. there is a parameter in the ecm that allows you to shut all the emission stuff off so it will run just like a lbz. I have been looking into this and I think the cummins is more "integrated" and therefore tougher to get around.

GMac said:
I have been looking into this and I think the cummins is more "integrated" and therefore tougher to get around.
That figures...............:bang :bang

Why not just pick up a 6.7 long block and build it from there? That way it wouldn't come with anything on it other than the motor. Then you could add the 5.9 stuff on it and voila. You have a 6.7 that thinks it's a 5.9. Add in a little bit of smarty(or whatever you prefer), some twins, a nice dash of cam and head work, a sprinkle of flux 5's, tune it up and you should have one bad ass truck.

BgBlDodge said:
Why not just pick up a 6.7 long block and build it from there? That way it wouldn't come with anything on it other than the motor. Then you could add the 5.9 stuff on it and voila. You have a 6.7 that thinks it's a 5.9. Add in a little bit of smarty(or whatever you prefer), some twins, a nice dash of cam and head work, a sprinkle of flux 5's, tune it up and you should have one bad ass truck.
Cause it's a 6.7 in a new truck......

Ok. So strip every 6.7L part off of it and put the 5.9L parts back on it. Problem solved. Well, except for the tranny. But that can be worked on later.

racing, contact Reb Brown. he can walk you through everything you need to know on this subject. not many no but we have talked about it a few times one here, his reg cab 4x4 that dynoed over 1000hp like 4 or 5 months ago was a 6.7 using an 03 ecm, 03 injectors, and so on. he can get you set up.

inline6power said:
racing, contact Reb Brown. he can walk you through everything you need to know on this subject. not many no but we have talked about it a few times one here, his reg cab 4x4 that dynoed over 1000hp like 4 or 5 months ago was a 6.7 using an 03 ecm, 03 injectors, and so on. he can get you set up.

If he does know, I couldn't get it out of him when I talked to him a month ago. I hope to hell that smarty or someone comes out with a programmer that can shut this emmissions **** down!

silverbullet said:
If he does know, I couldn't get it out of him when I talked to him a month ago. I hope to hell that smarty or someone comes out with a programmer that can shut this emmissions **** down!

me too, i have the edge with intake and injectors coming soon, all i need is that damn turbo-back to get the nice sound!

silverbullet said:
he knows how to make power with the 6.7 by using all the basic stuff off of an earlier truck. injectors, dual cp3s, electronics and so on. he however does not no how to bypass the 6.7 electronics, however what he does is to get rid of all of them but uses the 6.7 motor.

Silverbullet i told you if you had a auto it would be hard, ...basically i told you not to screw up your brand new truck. Anyways, i would not run an 04.5-06 ecm on a 6.7 motor. The injection timing of the 06-5.9 needs a bowl from a 04.5-06 5.9. The bowl in the 6.7 and the 03-04 5.9 is designed the same. You can't swap heads from 5.9 and 6.7. All the steam and oil holes line up differently. 6.7 inj work with 6.7 ecm's and thats it.
Adam, who says i don't know how to get rid of 6.7 electronics. Just run two ecm's. 03 ecm for engine management along with a 03 TPS, and 6.7 ecm for everything else. i just think it is a lot easier to buy an 03 and find a 6.7. The other problem is that the 6.7 is not going to take the HP like a 5.9, plain and simple. as soon as you you get over 800 HP its a ticking bomb.

I agree with that. The 6.7 is a timebomb if you dont know what to do to get it fixed. It aint a cheap date fix either.

The 6.7 will get better with work, but for now the 5.9 is much more durable for big power.

Rebs 6.7 made 1000HP, but his 5.9 still makes over 1200 anyday. Not bad for a handicapped 03 engine with 03
electronics. I often wondered what would happen if he ever got a 04.5 and up engine cooking with the same mods. Hint hint Richard!!!

Turbo spool is nice with the 6.7 displacement though.

Many good things will happen in time for the 6.7.

Soup Nazi said:
Turbo spool is nice with the 6.7 displacement though.

Many good things will happen in time for the 6.7.

Need more companies and guys like Reb to push the development envelope on them :rockwoot: :rockwoot: