is it safe and dependable?

http://video.competitiondiesel.com/search/6.7/0/e861f2c3-4b22-4225-b82b-9a120121ff52.htm

Somebody is having good luck. I'd think calling vendors would be a good way to go about finding out what all is available...just my $.02

If I had the money I would do what you are and try to find an early 07. I wouldn't want to spend the money on a 6.7l right now.

ok i dont know how to put this simpler, im trying to talk to owners who have either stayed stock or done modifications to there truck to let me know how they are running. Obviously its easy to talk to vendors but i want to know from owners. thank you again for your reply.

I have a good friend that owns a 6.7 that has a dpf delete kit and having talked to him about his truck extensively. His truck has an Edge juice/attitude and I can't recall the delete kit. I know that he didn't much like the problems the dpf created but after he took care of it he loves it. I believe he is getting 17-19mpg now.

It seems to be that these trucks are a hit and miss. Whenever I deliver parts to the local Dodge dealer here I chat with the guy ahead of service about them and he says they have 2 in every week(small town) but I've heard more good than bad about them around here.

I have a good friend that owns a 6.7 that has a dpf delete kit and having talked to him about his truck extensively. His truck has an Edge juice/attitude and I can't recall the delete kit. I know that he didn't much like the problems the dpf created but after he took care of it he loves it. I believe he is getting 17-19mpg now.

It seems to be that these trucks are a hit and miss. Whenever I deliver parts to the local Dodge dealer here I chat with the guy ahead of service about them and he says they have 2 in every week(small town) but I've heard more good than bad about them around here.

Bryce, again i appreciate your knowledge on the 6.7 im just trying to hear from actual owners of this truck of what they have done and if any of them have had any concerns other than exhaust and fuel mileage. thanks again

Taylor

I'm not trying to piss you off I'm just telling you what I've heard and read. I'll stay out of your post now.

Well I like my 6.7 after the DPF and EGR delete. I pulled a trailer empty this weekend about 2/3 of a 400 mile trip and the other 1/3 was with my 8000 pickup on it. I averaged 18.4 mpg. Also that is with some dyno tuning as well. It put down a little over 410hp and almost 800 ft pounds on a crappy dyno. All in all I am liking the truck more and more and its a qd cab 3500 dually.

JUNK mine is junk. i hate it. wish i never bought it. you name it, it broke. it goes to the shop 4 daysout of a week. every week.

I would believe the egr would cause the most damage. My local dealer has replaced some turbos that were fouled up from the egr. If I was to end up with a 6.7 I would disable the egr and leave the dpf for a while. These things have some power and the tranny does a good job putting it to the ground.

JUNK mine is junk. i hate it. wish i never bought it. you name it, it broke. it goes to the shop 4 daysout of a week. every week.

Amen brother, Amen!!!

Well i bought a 2007 megacab dually 4x4 5.9 automatic, ill post some pics and everyone can give me some ideas on what i should do to it

I am am someone with an axe to grind with these trucks so I am coming in with a bad attitude. A 6.7 w/ a problem is the rule, not the exception. A truck that cannot be driven short distances, cannot idle for long periods of time, and has to be constantly driven hard on interstates for long periods of time sounds like a vehicle with issues.
My dealer told me the same thing "Gotta get er on the highway and run er". The highway is not local nor on my work route so why should I spend the extra fuel in doing so??? I run an 05 5.9 preforming the same tasks and get better results (mpg is almost 2X 6.7). I can "blow er out" on a back road without the highway and without the breakdowns, lost hours and money.
Call me a pessimist but I'm gonna say that should I run the vehicle hard and it breaks down their gonna blame it on me.
There is nothing mentioned about driving style in the ads or commercials???
I do however, remember spending almost 50K on the 6.7 just to be told that every time it broke down, it was my fault???
And guess what??? For 1K more I can get a dpf delete kit and totally void my warranty.

NO THANKS. KEEP THAT JUNK.

I suggest you check all the sites regarding this vehicle and you will find nothing but trouble. From buses to emergency vehicles everyone that has had a taste of the 6.7 has spit it back out. There are people out there who are trying to gather names for class action suits.

A 6.7 with problems is not the exception, IT'S THE RULE!!!

Just my .02
I'll have to agree with a lot of this. BUT. I own one and LOVE IT! If you do get one, PLAN on spending at least $2000 and doing the deletes. If you don't you will most likely, or at least have a 50/50 chance of some of the above scenario. With the deletes, including EGR block, you will LOVE it. It takes some time to put the exhaust back to stock if you do the turbo back, as you need to drop the crossmember in order to replace the down pipe. So if your worried about warranty you will have to consider that. Doing the DPF delete is less extensive but won't get rid of the Cat in the down pipe.
You will need a Juice with Att to clear codes on start up, but that gives you gauges too which you should have any way.
I think it is worth it. You may not want the hassle. It has crazy power when you let it breath. Remember it is almost a full liter larger displacement with a longer stroke so it pulls like crazy. Fuel economy is an issue too but is much better after deletes. Some of that is just from displacement though.
No regrets here. :poke:

I would love to get on that list for Class action, I been told the same over and over again, this is my 2nd 6.7 truck in a 1yr. they just replaced my o2 sensor and having same issues with Turbo, claims no fix as of yet, I am sick of it also.

well,glad I read this thread. Was going to buy one this weekend...guess I'll be picking up a duramax,I hate to say...If dodge would only offer the 5.9 with the six speed auto trans and exaust brake in a megacab long bed,they would have my business...why don't car manufacturers listen to the customers and not to these commonsense lacking college graduates who don't have a brain,just a peice of paper!

well,glad I read this thread. Was going to buy one this weekend...guess I'll be picking up a duramax,I hate to say...If dodge would only offer the 5.9 with the six speed auto trans and exaust brake in a megacab long bed,they would have my business...why don't car manufacturers listen to the customers and not to these commonsense lacking college graduates who don't have a brain,just a peice of paper!

Yea i hear ya, im happy with my 07 5.9 and really glad i didnt go with the 6.7

I'm thinking about buying an 08, only because of the end of the year rebates that Dodge is offering. I hope I'm one of the owners that has no problems with the 6.7L (knock on wood). It is really hard to find an 06 or a early 07 long bed, quad cab, six speed manual. They just arn't on the market.

-Rob

Sounds like if you do all the deletes they are as good as gold, but i figured just not my cup of tea to have to do all that so i went with a 5.9 07

I've had my 09 for about seven months now and I haven't had any issues with it. I drive approx 40 miles per day and I've only had the check engine light come on once and it went back out a few minutes later. My only complaint would be: not having the ability to turn off the tire pressure monitoring system. I think it should be operator preference.

Im on my 2nd one. the first dodge bought back.the dpf wouldnt work with out the comp pluged in to it at the dealer, 4 turbos,3 fly wheels,the egr fell off he motor 240 coads that i had to go to the dealer for them to take me out of limp mode. I have a 08 on my 2nd turbo, the dealer wans to clean it this week. I cant tow with this truck. I bucks when i let off the gas. I cant back the truck up with my trailers I cant see out the mirrors they shake so bad.
the egr keeps throwing coads I can say I hate mine. I have 21k on it , Im trying to sell it fir a 5.9L . the best part is dodge told me that the truck is made that way.