Is Quick Diesel Competitive?

DavidTD

DPM
It was in Rockingham!!! :bow: :bow:

Largest margin of victory at Rockingham was 0.09 seconds. Average margin of victory was 0.06625 and smallest margin of victory was in the finals between Matt Wells and Jim Layden, 0.021. :rockwoot:

Way to go guys. :woohoo:

DAM BOY now you doing STATS? Give us best line and standard deviation!

Sounds like a competitive class!

Is this a no break out index class?

paulb said:

I think so? You run closest to 12.00 without breaking out, you win.

brandon.

paulb said:

Yes Paul, 11.99 and you break-out. Quickest truck in the class was George Cobb who ran a 11.27 during a exhibition run. Made for some great side-by-side action. :Cheer:

These guys are incredible, they are the best class in the DHRA
I am looking forward to indy, I feel like the silverline truck will
be a stong addition to this class.

Sounds like there was some braking going on at the finish line. This would be a class that I would like to run. Set the truck up so that it leaves soft, and runs a big mph. These trucks are great for that type of racing.

Paul

Thats exactly what most of these guys did. Most 60's I heard about were 1.8X and higher. For the really fast passes that was just about the only thing that changed. Not much braking. A nice soft leave is much easier on driveline parts. Make up the ET with a strong top end.

paulb said:
Sounds like there was some braking going on at the finish line. This would be a class that I would like to run. Set the truck up so that it leaves soft, and runs a big mph. These trucks are great for that type of racing.

Paul

Then drag yourself to Arizona this weekend. There is a $5,450 purse up for grabs. :rockwoot:

DavidTD said:
Then drag yourself to Arizona this weekend. There is a $5,450 purse up for grabs. :rockwoot:

I'm not legal by DHRA rules.

Paul

Is it the $100 helmet or the $50 drive shaft loops?

Come on man, theres money to be won! :rockwoot:

Amish Elegance said:

You would trust a $100 helmet!?! :D NHRA requires the helmet too...

Where can I buy the $50 drive shaft loops?

Unless the weather gets really bad, I'm racing at a Big Bucks Shoot out on Saturday, and a division 7 points race on Sunday. On Friday and Saturday I'm crew chief for a A/ND team. Gonna be a busy weekend.

BTW the race is over 16 hours away...

Lets see... Are there anymore excuses I can come up with? :eek:wned:

Paul

Amish Elegance said:

You need drive shaft loops for Quick Diesel? Guess I'm gonna have to read my book.

paulb said:

Paul

Loops are HERE

And you can't blame me for wanting to see one of those Wally's in person can you. (remember they say you take THEM everywhere) :poke:

paulb said:
You would trust a $100 helmet!?! :D NHRA requires the helmet too...

Unless the weather gets really bad, I'm racing at a Big Bucks Shoot out on Saturday, and a division 7 points race on Sunday. On Friday and Saturday I'm crew chief for a A/ND team. Gonna be a busy weekend.

BTW the race is over 16 hours away...

Lets see... Are there anymore excuses I can come up with? :eek:wned:

Paul

Hey man, as long as you're at the track we'll let it slide. :hehe:

You doggin my $100 helmet?
HelmetCigar.jpg

As far as the "OWNED"... Hell, half the rides your gonna be workin on this weekend have SPARKPLUGS! :hehe:

So you're the Wally Pall, eh? Is it true that you have a little midget that follows you around polishing one of those at all times?

midget.JPG

Thats gotta get old, man. What if you step on him? LOL

Last edited:
DavidTD said:
Loops are HERE

And you can't blame me for wanting to see one of those Wally's in person can you. (remember they say you take THEM everywhere) :poke:

The rear isn't a problem. I can find them anyplace. It's the front that I'm having trouble finding.

Nah, the Wallys stay at home. Fletcher keeps trying to rub the gold off of them, when I take them to the track! :hehe:

Paul

Back