Is this a injector problem?

calltrex

was accelerating from a stop just normal. drive it like a granny

loose power. pedal wouldn't do anything

idles fine. let off pedal and coast for a bit. gently go again. look in rearview mirror to see white smoke. it went away

put a new TPS in last week. was doing things before that too.

if i step on it it will loose all power. got a backfire once

so i don't know if i have a injector problem or a cp3 not keeping up anymore

all new injectors not even a yr old

Clean all the ground connections for the engine control system.

so i stopped by a diesel shop. we went for a test drive with the scanner

when boost gets to about 17psi it falls on its face

rail pressure 15k
crank and cam sensor reading smooth

he gave me some things to try first

tried map sensor
installed boost fooler incase the wastage was opening too soon
and removed all the edge computer so its all stock now

its still doing it

so i stopped by a diesel shop. we went for a test drive with the scanner

when boost gets to about 17psi it falls on its face

rail pressure 15k
crank and cam sensor reading smooth

he gave me some things to try first

tried map sensor
installed boost fooler incase the wastage was opening too soon
and removed all the edge computer so its all stock now

its still doing it

It could be the dumbest item possible. I was having problems with low rail pressure and the problem was the IAT sensor on the airbox. When I first bought the truck, there were times it would not start and the trans was either shifting poorly or not at all. Turns out the clutch fan was shorted out. Good luck, I am not sure which direction to tell you to start yet, just give us more info as you can. Oh, mine also had a defueling issue due to the output shaft speed sensor on the trans. Sometimes pure dead pedal. Again, good luck.

I had a serious defueling problem on my puller due to IAT sensor. It seems it only defueled after around 2000 rpm.

Jake

I've seen a bad MAP sensor do weird things. A bad IAT could really screw things up as well.
In tuning the 06-07 trucks with EFI-Live I've simulated bad sensors just to see how the engine reacted. The Cummins ecms base timing and fuel off boost pressure and intake manifold temp. The MAP sensor as we call it is actually a transducer that the ecm uses for pressure and temp readings.

Last edited:
no problems with the air dog? start with supply first, then go down the lines. what codes are you seeing?

I've seen a bad MAP sensor do weird things. A bad IAT could really screw things up as well.
In tuning the 06-07 trucks with EFI-Live I've simulated bad sensors just to see how the engine reacted. The Cummins ecms base timing and fuel off boost pressure and intake manifold temp. The MAP sensor as we call it is actually a transducer that the ecm uses for pressure and temp readings.

changed the map already

I'm going to switch the airdog fp sensor just to make sure I'm getting a solid 18psi

visually inspect for a kinked supply line, where are you reading that 18k at? if the ecm doesnt ssee what it wants, it will throw a code, 148 most likely. makes me thing again that you say truck feels like full power, that you have a bad indicated fuel psi, but in reality it is up where it should be. hell I cruise at 60 mph at 18k.