Is this kit good? Nitrous

I would STRONGLY recommend a progressive system. I've got a 7.3 but I would think the basics have to be pretty much the same when it comes to notrous.

Really? So wet or dry kit go with a controller? Oh BTW Ive seen you run at Gulfport Dragway before. Badass truck!! You come around this way anymore?

imelmo said:
I would STRONGLY recommend a progressive system. I've got a 7.3 but I would think the basics have to be pretty much the same when it comes to notrous.

Where are you from? Yeah, Gulfport will always be my "home" track. Gettin' some work done right now but should be back over there in a couple of weeks.

I'd say dry like Richard (UNBROKEN) said. He knows a thing or two about the 6.0's. :D

I live in Ocean Springs, but go the Gulfport and Irvington quite often. I have a firebird with 396 Solid roller stroker motor and a 300 shot I run out there.

Nitrous Express is good stuff..as is Zex and the 2 stage kits TS Performance sells

I was looking at Nitrous Express diesel kits and they have a dual stage kit that I didn't know they had. I dont want to use zex. Between TS and NX who would you go with? Would this NX kit in this link handle what I want to do fine? Spraying the .073 jet?

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/NXd_stacker.htm

Last edited:
I've only personally installed the TS kit...very simple since it comes pre wired.
The others look nice though...quite a few guys here run the Zex kit...it's probably the most popular.

How come the TS Kit is so much more expensive then all the others? How does the module tell it to spray, just at WOT? What kind of solenoids do they use? Which Zex kit is everyone using? Whats the safest wet shot one could run with proper tuning and stock injectors and head bolts just curious? Who even sells a wet kit for diesels?

Last edited:
Most will tell you to stay away from wet kits. We are about the only vendor that will tell you to go with Wet. Quite honestly the Crazy Cubian is the only one that I would trust for advise on setting up Nitrous, since he has been using it so much. We have some customers that have had some very good luck with it.

jyarber said:
How come the TS Kit is so much more expensive then all the others? How does the module tell it to spray, just at WOT? What kind of solenoids do they use? Which Zex kit is everyone using? Whats the safest wet shot one could run with proper tuning and stock injectors and head bolts just curious? Who even sells a wet kit for diesels?

The TS is a true 2 stage (2 seperate solenoids). The first stage comes on at WOT via a trigger on the go-pedal. That's what I have in my truck right now. I think think I'm gonna switch to a timed progressive kit though soon.

The NX kit has a MAP sensor built in that will ramp up the nitrous on boost. This method is useful in leaving the line in a street truck. You can leave with a percentage of you total first stage and ramp up as the boost ramps up , this is really a chain reaction, because as the nitrous comes up the boost also, and they both go up almost immediately.

This works really well, Project X, a 2WD runs a 1.60 60’ with no tire spin, and no parts breakage.. The NADP built transmission has endured hundreds of launches with both Wes Snow and myself at the wheel, along with every salesman at the dealership. This comes on so smooth that you just think that the Industrial Injection Silver Bullet spools as fast as a stock one.

This controller is not two stages but infinite stage, think of it as two channels , you can put up to three .125 solenoids on each channel. The great part about this is you can add more solenoids and ramp it up at a slower speed.

You can choose either boost or time base. On each channel. When I use time base, I use the brake light wire off the brake controller and connected this to the NX progressive controller trigger wire. I launch and let it wait 1.5 seconds out to start ramping the second stage in.

I have never used the second stage, the simple reason, Project X will go to faster then rules will allow, and get tossed out of the track. Wes has played with using the second stage and from the 3 tenths it picked up in the 1/8 mile, we know that it would easily run a low 11 second quarter mile . If anyone on COMP DIESEL wants a NX system give me a PM or Call, I will make any COMP Diesel member a smoking deal.

Last edited:
Also the new NXD kit is nice and fairly simple for street use:
I have one of the new Nitrous Express NXD kits going in my truck in the next few days. The basic kit is simply a purge solenoid that sprays via a 1/8 NTP nozzel into the intake @ WOT. They offer the "Maximizer 2" progressive controller for this system sperately, which would make it a pretty nice single stage system - I will have the controller on it's way shortly, just trying to get the hard parts in right now for a photo shoot coming up.
It is designed to work well in stacking modules that advance timing. It offers a nice 75-80hp to the ground.

Looking forward to trying it out.

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
If anyone on COMP DIESEL wants a NX system give me a PM or Call, I will make any COMP Diesel member a smoking deal.

Let me just subscribe to this thread for when the time comes. I'm looking at getting the dual stage kit in the next couple months...amongst other things.:woohoo:

I bought a NX wet kit and modified it to only be used "DRY". It was a very simple install, and it is only available WOT. If I can do it, anyone can!:bang

So pretty much when you are WOT yours sprays the full shot? You dont have any kind of progressive controller do you? Do you spin bad on the street? If traction was a problem you could just lock it in 4hi and roll with it. Progressive controller sounds pretty cool also. But most of my races are from a dead stop straight line so I could just lock it in 4 hi every time and launch it sprayin the full hit and shouldn't worry about traction

Dalpilot said:
I bought a NX wet kit and modified it to only be used "DRY". It was a very simple install, and it is only available WOT. If I can do it, anyone can!:bang

Also whats the benefit of running a dual stage? Mainly traction issues? So you can start out small and ramp up?

I'm using the NxD Stacker and have been happy with it. I just recently added the Fuel System, Injectors and Head Studs and am looking to add more NOS. As it is now, I've got WAY too much smoke. It sure is fun this way though. lol

Before these mods, with just the SCT and mild mods, I loved the NxD Stacker kit. Very simple and very effective.*nx*

Thats what Im looking to do pretty much just for right now. Have the SCT, Full Exhaust and Intake system with a Good Nitrous kit. Later on down the road I plan to add larger turbo, injectors etc.. But for now just the basics. How did you truck run with just sct,intake,exhaust and nitrous? How big of a shot was you running?

6L PWR said:
I'm using the NxD Stacker and have been happy with it. I just recently added the Fuel System, Injectors and Head Studs and am looking to add more NOS. As it is now, I've got WAY too much smoke. It sure is fun this way though. lol

Before these mods, with just the SCT and mild mods, I loved the NxD Stacker kit. Very simple and very effective.*nx*

I can go 12's easy with just SCT, exhaust, and nitrous. It's a .073 jet is all. I think i could stand just alittle more with some fine tuning. I just bought all the ZEX parts except what i have had laying around from left over stuff.

Back