Is this kit good? Nitrous

What kind of Nitrous Kit are you using? You got a crew cab 4x4? Who does your files?

WAO Racing said:
I can go 12's easy with just SCT, exhaust, and nitrous. It's a .073 jet is all. I think i could stand just alittle more with some fine tuning. I just bought all the ZEX parts except what i have had laying around from left over stuff.

Its a Dry kit. I just bought the parts to put together because i had most of what i needed such as bottles, wiring, swtches and button. Dj does all of my programs.

That is the neat part about NX you can get a simple system, or the most advanced system that is simple to use , the NX SX II duel stage progressive is very reasonable in price less the $ 900 this come with a 15 lbs bottle , and two .125 lighting solenoids , with two nozzles and the controller with software . here is the description and a screen shot

First in quality, first in technology, first in EFI nitrous power adders! NX introduces the only progressive controller made for the boosted Diesel enthusiast. Progressive nitrous delivery with dual stage capability and this unit is capable of variable, multi point, power application on both stages! Nitrous can be added or subtracted at 20 points on the progressive ramp and the smoothing option makes the application of power as smooth silk. Power ramps can be based on either boost or time reference, unit includes an internal window switch, an internal MAP sensor can handle over 100 lbs of boost and the extra heavy duty solenoid drivers can handle over 80 amps of continuous load! All of these fantastic features are packed into one small water proof unit! No more Hobbs switches, no more erratic torque curves, this nitrous controller gives the tuner a tool with infinite adjustability and rugged dependability!

Attachments

• boostreference_screenshot.jpg
    boostreference_screenshot.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thats cool. I looked at those pics and it looks awesome. Doesn't really look to hard to figure out either. Just would have to go out and test it a lot to see where to adjust the %'s should you wouldn't spin. Is .125 the biggest jet you can run with this kit? What hp is that equal to?

COMP461 said:
That is the neat part about NX you can get a simple system, or the most advanced system that is simple to use , the NX SX II duel stage progressive is very reasonable in price less the $ 900 this come with a 15 lbs bottle , and two .125 lighting solenoids , with two nozzles and the controller with software . here is the description and a screen shot

First in quality, first in technology, first in EFI nitrous power adders! NX introduces the only progressive controller made for the boosted Diesel enthusiast. Progressive nitrous delivery with dual stage capability and this unit is capable of variable, multi point, power application on both stages! Nitrous can be added or subtracted at 20 points on the progressive ramp and the smoothing option makes the application of power as smooth silk. Power ramps can be based on either boost or time reference, unit includes an internal window switch, an internal MAP sensor can handle over 100 lbs of boost and the extra heavy duty solenoid drivers can handle over 80 amps of continuous load! All of these fantastic features are packed into one small water proof unit! No more Hobbs switches, no more erratic torque curves, this nitrous controller gives the tuner a tool with infinite adjustability and rugged dependability!

I usually don't run a restriction jet in the main stage, you will need a sealing jet, which is a .125 the same size as the solenoid you can put up to three solenoids per stage or channel. NX dose make some .185 solenoids also. Should get a lot more feed back on here , I have a few shipping out on Tuesday

This kit seems like a lot of confusing work. So theres 2 solenoids that comes with the kit right? you said you usually dont put a jet in the main stage correct? So how do you know how much nitrous is flowing into the motor? What is a sealing jet used for? Is that for the 2nd stage or what?

COMP461 said:
I usually don't run a restriction jet in the main stage, you will need a sealing jet, which is a .125 the same size as the solenoid you can put up to three solenoids per stage or channel. NX dose make some .185 solenoids also. Should get a lot more feed back on here , I have a few shipping out on Tuesday

Last edited:
jyarber said:
Is .125 the biggest jet you can run with this kit? What hp is that equal to?
You need to understand....with a stock fuel system and injectors...a .073 jet is as big as you can run. Anything bigger will slow you down.
Also...you canot equate a jet size with a HP number on a diesel motor.. Nitrous on a diesel will only make power IF you have the fuel to run.
At this point...you DO NOT have the fuel to run anything larger than .073

I've explained it to you as many ways as I know how....on several websites...in an effort to kep you from hurting something or slowing your truck down. I hope you get it now.

jyarber said:
Is this nitrous kit any good? Will it work with my SCT? I see it has a module but that just controls the nitrous system right? Or do I just want a nitrous kit without those progressive modules that is just gonna spray the full amount at WOT?

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/NXd_streetperformance.htm

If it says NX, it's got to be good. So far it's the best fogger tested. We've been using the nx conponents. and will keep using them for as long as we race.

dj.:evil *bdh* *nx*

Haha ok ok calm down.. Just everyone tells you something different on different sites. I think Im gonna give that kit Comp461 is offering because I like the progressive boost unit it uses. Seems pretty neat and would be easy to bring the nitrous in harder in different spots to make sure you get traction. What do yall think about that kit? So as long as I put a .073 jet in each nozzle then Ill be good to go.

UNBROKEN said:
You need to understand....with a stock fuel system and injectors...a .073 jet is as big as you can run. Anything bigger will slow you down.
Also...you canot equate a jet size with a HP number on a diesel motor.. Nitrous on a diesel will only make power IF you have the fuel to run.
At this point...you DO NOT have the fuel to run anything larger than .073

I've explained it to you as many ways as I know how....on several websites...in an effort to kep you from hurting something or slowing your truck down. I hope you get it now.

You're not understanding...you can run 1 .073 jet...or 2 jets at 1/2 that size for a TOTAL of .073

You cannot run two .073 jets in a dual stage system...that would total .146 and would slow your truck down.

Ok I see now. So a single stage or 2 jets that equal .073 is the only options I have. Is there any way I can turn that kit into a single stage? I don't want to go 2 smaller jets because thats not as much nitrous and that would be pointless to me. Do they make any single stage progressive kits?

UNBROKEN said:
You're not understanding...you can run 1 .073 jet...or 2 jets at 1/2 that size for a TOTAL of .073

You cannot run two .073 jets in a dual stage system...that would total .146 and would slow your truck down.

UNBROKEN said:

opps , I hope you never tune on a gas Pro Mod , the difference in two .072 and one . 142 is not double, but actually four times the area . Now twice the .072 is a .101 roughly.

In the gas world a .072 jet is about 200 hp and a pair of .072 jets are 400 hp, now take a .single .142, it has 4 times the area of a .072. Or 800 hp .

You don’t have to run it because you have it that is what jets are for. I would run the first stage and bring it in on boost and help spool the charger. A lot of people experience a loss of performance running a single, non progressive nitrous system, when that try a bigger pill. A primary reason is that a bigger pill will have to come on later on in the run to avoid overpowering the available traction. This amount of time until the nitrous can come on is the most valuable time to make big time gains,

Here is something to Remember, the first foot is your easiest potential for gains in a drag race, for a given increase in power, if you have traction.. The next foot will take a mathematical increase in power to gain that same amount, of decrease in total ET. This is evident in the fact that 50 hp off the line in a given drag car will yield a given decrease in ET , to achieve that same decrease in ET , by adding additional power at the 330 foot mart will take a twice the same increase in power available to the tire. And by the 1000 foot mark it could take 10 times the power or a gain or 500 hp to achieve that same reduction in ET that 50 hp did on the starting line.

Drag racing is nothing but applied physics, find out how much you can run total nitrous on down the track , and start on the line with a ramp to aggressively increase the percentage of power to the tire as fast as possible this will achieve the optimum results

Last edited:
lol , I know its to simple, but a lot of peoploe don't really understand what comes simple to you and I because of the experence we have

now this is a great way to get nitrous in to the port

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
lol , I know its to simple, but a lot of peoploe don't really understand what comes simple to you and I because of the experence we have
Alrighty then. Let's keep this simple sine I just drive the danged thang!
You can read my sig to knw what I currently have. What should I add next in the way of NOS? I can't afford the turbo so I need more bottle. That's about all I know. Should I buy the two stage kit and add it on to my existing kit?:bang

:thankyou2:

Really guys how hard is this. Buy an NX kit with a single .073 nozzle install it, on a WOT switch, and BINGO, its done.

This progressive system is so simple and easy, its just had to explain to someone that has never been exposed to this cutting edge tech. Its like trying to explain a how to run Microsoft windows to a 1960’s engineer with a slide rule, He’s not dumb because he doesn’t understand, he just hasn’t seen the light its ten times as hard trying to type it out on here . lol :bang :bang :bang :bang*bdh* *bdh* *bdh* lol, its just somthing hard to explain it seems I did watch Wes Snow take a .125 jetted Duramax make 711 hp on his truck with a stock fuel system and stock turbo . and a wild programer , I have a small amount of experince with a 6.0

Dalpilot said:
Really guys how hard is this. Buy an NX kit with a single .073 nozzle install it, on a WOT switch, and BINGO, its done.
I've already got that, I have since installed Stage II sticks, Head studs and better SCT program. I have more smoke than the single .073 will clear. I'm looking for what else I can do since I can't afford the turbo at this time.

Back