It's tranny time, Give me your $.02

Mountaineer

Comp D's Doe Killer
Ok guys, The stage III Pheonix 47re finally bit the dust.
It did hold it's head out of the water for a little bit:hehe:

I kinda would like to keep it an auto, unless I could do a 5sp swap for alot less than what a built auto will cost.

I am looking at.....

G. brothers
Suncoast
Dtt
HTS

Any reason not to throw in a 48 instead ?
Anybody have anything for sale that might be up my alley?
Thanks,
Eric.

All are good transmissions. Consider, service, price, distance from you. I think HTS uses suncoast parts. Not 100% positive on that though. Either way Dusty is still the man for dodge transmissions in my book.

Word on the street is that G. Brothers trannys are the cat's meow...i'm gonna go with them when i get a trans for my other ctd.

so you are close to morgantown, damn i miss my days up there, the parties and the girls. anyway, i love my dtt but lloyd at Midatlantic diesel and i have installed and rebuilt a few of the g bros trans and they are slick and great to deal with. course i have heard great things about hts also. find someone close to you that has each brand and get them to take you for a ride or drive the truck, chances are you will be with this trans for a good whiel so you better like it. i am right down i68 in MD, around hagerstown, and i work in martinsburg. if you are ever down this way i have a DTT and a good buddy of mine has a g bros trans. josh

jkretzer said:
so you are close to morgantown, damn i miss my days up there, the parties and the girls. anyway, i love my dtt but lloyd at Midatlantic diesel and i have installed and rebuilt a few of the g bros trans and they are slick and great to deal with. course i have heard great things about hts also. find someone close to you that has each brand and get them to take you for a ride or drive the truck, chances are you will be with this trans for a good whiel so you better like it. i am right down i68 in MD, around hagerstown, and i work in martinsburg. if you are ever down this way i have a DTT and a good buddy of mine has a g bros trans. josh

jkretzer -- I've found your Title " Comp D's Finest Avatar "

Yea, sounds good. I only know 1 guy within a two hour drive that has a built auto ( DTT) .

After a year or so of research and prep, the ones I listed above all seem to have a majority of positive reviews from all their owners with very few complaints. So " For the most part " Locality, Service after the sale, warranty, and $ seem to be the biggest weighing factors in my decision making process.

thanks for the title. i tell her that everytime i get a chance, and she wonders why i tend to walk behind her. let me know if you are ever down this way, another buddy of mine has a fully built DTT as well behind 700 hp in an 03 dodge. i would personnally stick with your trans and put in a vb from an 03 truck, worlds of difference. fill in your sig so we know what mods you have. 301-465-0070

I got Tim Barber at TRE Diesel in Virgina to put me in a DTT, with a 48RE VB, and a billet Flexplate, input, and output shaft. I love it, and Tim's service was awesome. So far, I've only put down about 380hp, but that should change soon:D It just keeps getting better!

Chris

Dave Goerend. Dave has a great product and greater customer service. Best warranty in the business!

My truck and a friends truck both have Dave G stuff.
My truck carnage: two front drive shafts, one rear drive shaft, one set of rear spider gears, two welded rear carriers
Friend truck: 3 rear axles, one rear drive shaft, one rear pinion yoke, two sets of spider gears.

Zero issues with the tranny. Dave has worked with us to get the proper stall, and just called me yesterday(sunday) while he was shopping for groceries to discuss stall speeds on the convertor again.

Dave Goerend all the way! Warranty will never be an issue with Dave's stuff. Give him a call and talk to him once. He is very laid back and honest

All th e above mentioned comopanies offer great products.

The biggest influencing factor to you as a customer should be: finding the closest builder that is good for you work with eg: provides good customer service and has a good reputation with higher horsepower trucks.

~Wes~

I have to put a vote in for Goerend's as well. Service is second to none!

I have an HTS and love it. Both Dusty Hawk and Dave Goerends are easy guys to work with.

Who has the best warranty? That should be a big factor. I’m sure a lot of the smaller shops can build a great trans but what happens if you’re a thousand miles away from the mom and pop trans shop and have to get it replaced? Who pays for parts, labor, shipping and towing?

If you're in that boat then maybe Ammaco would be your best bet...

Rob_Bones said:
Who has the best warranty? That should be a big factor. I’m sure a lot of the smaller shops can build a great trans but what happens if you’re a thousand miles away from the mom and pop trans shop and have to get it replaced? Who pays for parts, labor, shipping and towing?
Of the major tranny companies who gives you a totally unlimited warranty with towing?

I love my DTT but you couldn't go wrong with either of those companies. I would call them all up and talk to them in great length and detail about your goals with your truck and then go with the one that makes you feel the most comfortable.