Jasper Trannys?

Not in a Dodge, but my brother put one in his Ford behind a 7.3L, Jasper only lasted a month. Got another Jasper and it lasted a bit longer, but not nearly as long as the factory trans.

not trying to be a dick dude but if you are going to shell out money for a jasper, why not talk to any of the numerous comapines that rebuild dodge tranny's (Suncoast/ATS/HTS/Garmon/DTT/Goerend/NADP) . i guarantee you you will spend your money more wisely, have a better built transmsisson, one that will hold power, and be reliable, and not leave you stranded.

Wes

Jasper tranny don't last my buddy put about 5 in his 7.3 ford within about a year and a half...Do it rite the first time and you save money in the long run

I'm lost! Who is jasper, are they the new god of 1000hp capable transmissions? :what:

God of 100 hp capable trannys Lee.

Think about life. Do you want a cheap woman, cheap tools, cheap work boots, and cheap beer?

God of 100 hp capable trannys Lee.

Think about life. Do you want a cheap woman, cheap tools, cheap work boots, and cheap beer?

Did some research, the cost of this jasper stuff vs. the life expectancy and all the down time doesn't exactly add up to cheap! I'll settle for other cheap things in life but not a tranny... LOL

My brother tried a Jasper trans.
Let's just say... less than 5000 miles later he roasted it. Warranty covered it. So in the new trans we put a good valve body and converter. Now it works good!
I can't recommend a jasper trans for a diesel. Even a stock one.
We do use Jasper products for the gasser world and rarely have problems.

Did some research, the cost of this jasper stuff vs. the life expectancy and all the down time doesn't exactly add up to cheap! I'll settle for other cheap things in life but not a tranny... LOL

Yeah. Quality up front is usually cheaper in the long run...

i agree with the rest of the posts here. i got mine done by goerend (dave gave me excellent prices on all the parts, and he is a good guy and stands behind all his work). I've had no problems with it so far and am very happy how it performs.

I rebuilt my own and it's lasted about 30 1/4mile passes so far. Including the billet converter, I've got less than $900 wrapped up in my tranny. If you can afford the down time, it's a lot of fun and a great learning experience to rebuild your transmission.

If I were a man of more financial means, I would have bought a professionally build transmission from a reputable diesel specific shop.