junker drag truck, or 2wd play toys who's got one?

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/photo/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/7643

Here's some of the build

27177_788237184319_11809671_43172529_428162_n.jpg

I pulled mine out of the van duzen river. The water was up to the roof liner. It started out with 265k on the clock. Sounds like you will have a fun progect.

Go with Suicide Doors bars and ends. You will not be sorry you did. You can have them build it to your specs as well.

Thanks...although the rod ends and links are the big problem...axle brackets, and a rear frame section heavy enough is.

The brackets aren't too bad, we can have them made pretty easily....but we were trying to keep from having to build the rear frame in the shop.

Thanks for the link though!
Chris

BTW, I've lost my pictures...I'll see if I can find them again to post.

See sig. 514 at the wheels and 5070 with me in it, so it should do pretty well once I get slicks, a driveshaft loop, and a trans blanket (727). As for right now it's just a tire fryer, but it does get good fuel economy cause it's so light.

See sig. 514 at the wheels and 5070 with me in it, so it should do pretty well once I get slicks, a driveshaft loop, and a trans blanket (727). As for right now it's just a tire fryer, but it does get good fuel economy cause it's so light.

Alright, be honest, how much money do you have wrapped up into that thing?

The budget part is pretty much over. As it sits, I probably have about 7-10K in it, plus the purchase price. The Gear Vendors was a pretty big chunk of it, but then again, not everyone gets 25 mpg either ;)

I'm starting my 6.7 cummins into my 1500 sc/sb it's been fun so far going into a 2005 body

Im going to try and pick up a 95 and do a 700hp daily driver. It is a 2500 standard cab 2wd. It needs a cab but I can get a complete clean 01 cab for free and it needs a bed but I plan to 4link and short bed.

bringing this thread back to life, who's got one and where are the pictures? I think im picking one up this coming week. I have a few choices.....
1994 Dodge ram 2500 cummins TURBO diesel 450k miles ( best offer)

1995 DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL

1994 dodge cummins

1994 DODGE CUMMINS DIESEL

they are all 1-3hrs away, the last one which i like the most has the st package, which means no power windows, locks, or ac or carpet, and its a one owner truck low mileage for the year and price. but they are all decent for the money.

Budget Beater! Slowly becoming a bigger budget but still a beater!

IMG_1207.jpg

Here's my 2wd starter project
ad105d0e-d488-40e5.jpg

ad105d0e-d4ba-cd7b.jpg

Gutted everything on the firewall cut a huge hole the back of the block is about an inch from the dash surface (only dash skin and cluster) the front of the #1 piston hole is with the front axle centerline, it kinda looks like a 4b with the hood open.

Rear is to be tubbed, caged, lowered, and some fiberglass (have links to front clip and box sides) hopefully...

Gotta stop spending money on the cr...

Last edited:
ad105d0e-d488-40e5.jpg

ad105d0e-d4ba-cd7b.jpg

Gutted everything on the firewall cut a huge hole the back of the block is about an inch from the dash surface (only dash skin and cluster) the front of the #1 piston hole is with the front axle centerline, it kinda looks like a 4b with the hood open.

Rear is to be tubbed, caged, lowered, and some fiberglass (have links to front clip and box sides) hopefully...

Wow, that ought to have great weight distribution!

i have really thought about selling my 4x4 and getting a 2wd to play with. i think it would be better or more suited to my needs i only used the 4wd twice last winter.

ad105d0e-d488-40e5.jpg

ad105d0e-d4ba-cd7b.jpg

Light makes might at the dragstrip! Oughtta be awesome!

this is mine. its not really a budget build, but I have been on a budget for the last little while. so it hasnt had much "build" involved :doh:
mytruck.jpg

048-Copy.jpg

058-Copy.jpg

looks awesome im gonna try to get some 3rd gen 17's for my truck once i get it, but for a 2wd play truck which will see the drag strip in the spring quite frequently with plans for 12's 11's and maybe even high 10's would one say a good triple disk, good vb, billet input, and flexplate and everything except intermediate and output will hold up to 550 maybe even 600hp in a 5000lb truck, might weigh less by the time it see the track.

The DPC single is my Drag Truck is still holding up fine at 5500 lbs and 400+ to the wheels. I haven't made a pass with my new found power yet so I don't dare claim 500+ but I will say unofficially, it now has 500+ and the converter does not slip. Phil Taylor obviously would not recommend a single for a competition vehicle but you'd be surprised how much power one of his singles will hold on a lighter weight vehicle. Honestly, I'm more worried about the stock input shaft and stock flex plate than the converter.