K31

Tims Turbo sells a 80 a/r housing for the GT42 and K31 is so desired , there was supposed to b some dyno testing on this but some one the board here ,, not going to metion any names hasnt done it yet I think ???

I run a Mid frame S400 with a exducer of the GT42 but my inducer is 2.5 and I had a 9cm housing machined to fit it , I havent checked BP (hate to ) but it spools good and my EGTS are 1600 max witch I dont think thats to bad with M 6.5 and 55lbs of boost , It drains the VP tho when it hits 55 lbs . I need the miracle VP44

Last edited:
I ended up calling forced induction and ordering a GT42. It was kind of interesting speaking to them.. They do supply some of the companies that we speak of here with parts for their turbos. Anyway, we also talked about the billet wheel in the aurora, versus the wheel used in the gt42. He explained the billet was a good thing, yet the actual design of the wheel made it no better than the GT42 wheel. He explained as a whole, the GT was a stronger unit.. He said the actual size of the wheels in my GT will be the same size as what come in the A5000. Mine will have a T6 flange, with a five inch exhaust outlet to cut down on pressure. The front is polished, the exhaust side is coated. It's worth a try.. If it doesn't work well, it should atleast look good.. haha.. I'll post pics and results when I can.. It should be here in a week..

morse whatd you pay for it ? you can pm if you dont wanna post it. does it come with an adaptor plate? the t6 flange is huge, thats why i was looking for something t4.
rods when you say drain the vp do you mean to the point that it kills the motor and you have to crank it forever or use ether to start it back up? what fuel system do you have?

Well i used that term sence I'v heard it used b4 when it doesnt do no more , My FP is 25 cruz WO it drops to around 18 when 55 lbs is hit it starts to fall so basicaly 1 thing causeing this ( IM guessing) no load being from lack of fuel ?? does this sound wright ??? , now if i was sled pulling I beleive it would b alot different , another guess tho ?

If a body has the bigfoot ATS manifold all u need to do is add 1in to the side of the flang and drill your holes and u have the best of both in one manifold

Last edited:
One of those adapters is already making its way to south....

brandon.

To be honest with you guys, I don't know much about turbos at all.. He did mention it was a 1.01. Do you all think I should go ahead and get the big foot T4 manifold, or would I lose much keeping the stock T3? If you think I'll lose much, I'll do the T4.. I need to do whatever I can to make it spool as easy as possible..

Morse said:
To be honest with you guys, I don't know much about turbos at all.. He did mention it was a 1.01. Do you all think I should go ahead and get the big foot T4 manifold, or would I lose much keeping the stock T3? If you think I'll lose much, I'll do the T4.. I need to do whatever I can to make it spool as easy as possible..
i personally would have went with a t70 turbo if i was buying from them but, in your case i would use or buy what ever they recomended.

haha.. I don't even know what a T70 is.. I'm a flippin' turbo wizzard.. NOT.. =)

I just called them about the T70. The GT42 has better surge protection.. He called it something, I can't remember.. He also said it will have much better wheels than a standard GT42. I was told this was the best combination he could put together in this size of turbo.. I hope he's close to right.. haha..

Morse said:
I just called them about the T70. The GT42 has better surge protection.. He called it something, I can't remember.. He also said it will have much better wheels than a standard GT42. I was told this was the best combination he could put together in this size of turbo.. I hope he's close to right.. haha..

I called and spoke to them also, and we spoke about your same combo. The cover is called a re-flow cover. As for the turbine wheel its inconel and not the standard stainless some of the other GT42's use. He said their is over 150 different GT42's being made :bang . These guys are an engineering house for some of the big turbo manufactures, so they don't try to steer you into the brand they can only get...they will get you what you want and need.

right now im in the same ball park as morse, except i havent ordered anything yet, and those are some sweet plates!!!!

Signature600 said:
I would also think a GT42 would be a whole lot tougher than a T70!

Chris

I called the guys over at FI again. Here is what they said.

A K31 has a 312 shaft, also a standard big shaft T70 has a 312 shaft as well. A S300 which they told me is what the "phat shaft" stuff comes from is a 315 shaft and a GT42 is a 325 shaft. So the GT42 is the biggest shaft out of the units mentioned. Now their ST-series units all come with 394 shafts and 475 and 500 shafts. Supposedly about impossible to break unless you do something really stupid. They must not know what us diesel guys can do....:hehe:

I need to call them about my GT4088R...need better spool:D:D

Supersmoke, Thanks for the info! Good stuff there!
Chris

Thanks for the link to Forced Inductions guys...REALLY HELPFUL!

Jose is gonna CNC me a .68housing for my GT4088R...should have it done and shipped in 3-4 days! Best part is, it's gonna cost me less than the new factory Garrett .85A/R I am running now!

Now we'll see if it will spool!
Chris

Signature600 said:
Thanks for the link to Forced Inductions guys...REALLY HELPFUL!

Jose is gonna CNC me a .68housing for my GT4088R...should have it done and shipped in 3-4 days! Best part is, it's gonna cost me less than the new factory Garrett .85A/R I am running now!

Now we'll see if it will spool!
Chris

Well good luck. Like I said they can pretty much build anything for any type of turbo. I have ordered a few units so far for a buddy of mine. Since we are local to them, they build them for us and we just swing by and pick them up. They made me some bad a$$ units for a D-max as well. Also one of the guys there has a bad a$$ 03 CTD dually that will roll some big smoke...lol

Glad u got something worked out chris , get more done when all u have is a turbo shop ,

The big shafts r fine but the bigger it is the more mass you have to turn unless u have a super spooling housing with some tinkle wheels