Let's see your CB setups.

Thanks Double J! Is the radio a Cobra 29 LTD Chrome?

Yes it is. If you look closely in the first pic you can see the Cobra external speaker to the left of the gear shifter, directly in front of the transfer case selector. I used heavy duty double sided tape to secure it to the panel.

Last edited:
Not the best pictures but ill get better later. Small Radio Shack CB flush mounted in the cubby that Ford provided. Run to twin Firestiks using stake pocket mounts. Grommets installed in toneau cover for a clean finish. Reception is excellent for some cheap stuff!

P5180004.jpg

P5240027.jpg

IMG003481.jpg

Here's mine. I have a peaked and tuned Galaxy DX939 and a Wilson little wil magnet mount on the cab. I don't like the regular galaxy mic anybody have recommendations on a good mic?

galaxymounted.jpg

Here's mine. I have a peaked and tuned Galaxy DX939 and a Wilson little wil magnet mount on the cab. I don't like the regular galaxy mic anybody have recommendations on a good mic?

RPRK564SE.jpg

RoadKing mics are the only way to go!

Seems like the only mics that I have seen besides the guys that use the mic that came with their CB's are RoadKings.

That's a valentine 1 radar detector. I've got one and it's the best you can buy.

Ding ding ding---we have a winner! Yep, Valentine 1 is the cats meow IMHO. It's chatty in town, but I seldom use it in town anyway, so it's no biggie. I love the boogie counter and directional threat arrows. :rockwoot:

Ding ding ding---we have a winner! Yep, Valentine 1 is the cats meow IMHO. It's chatty in town, but I seldom use it in town anyway, so it's no biggie. I love the boogie counter and directional threat arrows. :rockwoot:

Mine rarely false alarms. I need to order a new power cord, mine has sh!t out on me and the unit won't come on.

ok i gotta ask.. what is the switch on the joystick with the pistol grip

Old picture...don't have the stack anymore, but you get the idea!

100_0706.jpg

100_0713.jpg

Curious, I have my CB Whip just mounted to the front of the box. Should I run a ground wire from the frame to the mount, or will the box ground be efficient?