Limit of so pump

duallyspeed

New Speedway Boogie
Somehow i can now suck the pump dry. At 2k rpm to redline, ease off then stop, truck almost shuts off. The so pump is 1 year old. The fass 150/150 keeps up at 18 psi.

Does scheid diesels lightning pump keep up?

SO will make 600 comfortably but what all you got on the truck. If you got to the dyno forum there's a list of vp trucks there.

Injectors.... some will shut one down, and some have no problems... I would pull them and have them popped, then go from there

Injectors.... some will shut one down, and some have no problems... I would pull them and have them popped, then go from there

I am going to try that, thanks. When i down shift or just come to a stop in 3rd it almost sounds like i have a hrvp or big lines. It is not a loping but close.

Update: Changed out injectors to 7x10's, it runs the same, i can hit it hard and it sounds like i have someone under the hood opening the lines.

Example: 50mph push throttle down 1/2 way it will smoke(normal) then the truck sputters. Do you guys think i am somehow air locking it?

I assume you have valve springs also? Mine would float valves and do the same thing.. 110's took care of it...

I do have aftermarket valve springs but this happens going 50mph in od. The springs hardly work at that rpm.

did you try to pull any codes? and what kind of gauge do you have? (mechanical or electrical)

If I'm on it hard and let off quick it kills it every time. ADR and Mach 6's with stock lines and tubes. Never under 15psi fuel. Around 30k on reman SO.

Yep. Quadzilla Adrenaline 200 hp ddp injectors being fed with air dog at 25psi stock lines and tubes if i jump off the throttle it will shut right off if i step in clutch. Feather the skinny pedal comes right back to life. Common problem with the vp pumps. Pretty confident a guy could make 700 hp if you have enough air. Set of twins would get you there.

So you guys just live with it dying like that? Or is there a solution? My truck was doing the same thing when I had the 7x.010's in there and now with the 6x.009's it doesn't sputter and kill after letting off a hard throttle run.