Lithium-ion batteries for the race truck...

well, just build all the parts you can out of Titanium? Maybe these folks could help.... Titanium Metal Supply: Supplier & Stocking distributor It's about 7 times the strength of what ya got now. You could cut that in 1/2 and loose an easy 500 lbs or more. Although, you won't get the flex out of it you might need.

Oh yeah, if you have never welded this stuff before, don't.

What we have here is a :cheer:

Cough SPONSOR Cough.... Did you take out the optima vette in TS as well?

I guess the 6 in my boat that I have had for 5 years, and the fact that I bought the Optima hold downs almost a year ago mean I am a long time :cheer:. I planned to run them long before Optima offered them up. They are just plain good batteries.

All sponsoree's are given their own Optima Z06 DOug, you should know that.

I guess the 6 in my boat that I have had for 5 years, and the fact that I bought the Optima hold downs almost a year ago mean I am a long time :cheer:. I planned to run them long before Optima offered them up. They are just plain good batteries.

All sponsoree's are given their own Optima Z06 DOug, you should know that.

I hear they make you pay for the blue tops, but they supply you with the women for the lake adventures.

I know they don't give you the vette. But I do know Matt was out with them cruising for chicks up at TS.

doug just order a tune from eric and you won't have todo lightin up your truck:bangLOL:Cheer:

doug just order a tune from eric and you won't have todo lightin up your truck:bangLOL:Cheer:

Thats funny.

Run me without your bottles and show me what that twin setup you have is really doing for you? :kick:

Yes I have. What do you want to race me with. How about that truck you made 6 or 700 on motor with the siver 66. That no ones seen. Name a place and time. NHRDA is having an event in poenix az in the new year. I might suprize you with what it runs on motor. If your running your tunes you might need a shot of spray. If you run erics tunes it'll be motor to motor. Hehe. Just giving you a hard time. Your sensitive. You like to dish it out but you hate when the tables turn. LOL. You have your work cut out if you think you'll catch Tim

Doug just got off the phone with eric and we think you should come up to the ts event. Friendly competition,lots of fast fords at one event. It'll be a good showing for us true blue oval fans. How does that sound

I will be at TS. I look forward to meeting you. Funny that you mention running an innovative tune vs a tune from me.

it sure will be interesting meeting people at ts, you didn't answer the question doug, which truck are you wanting togo motor to motor with, you started this, don't back down now,:kick:LOL:cheer:

it sure will be interesting meeting people at ts, you didn't answer the question doug, which truck are you wanting togo motor to motor with, you started this, don't back down now,:kick:LOL:cheer:

I thought you wanted a piece of the race truck?

Your race truck needs to run first. Let's compare apples to apples. I don't have to worry about beating your race truck. Tim has that done already. I hate to burst your bubble but you won't have the fastest powerstroke. Tims little ranger is goin to be so lite as long as it hooks it'll be a mean machine. I have no doubt doug your 2wd will touch high nines. That truck with the silver bullet you made 600 plus with on motor. Bring it. And I'll run you motor to motor and you'll find out what compounds do

You can always just run a very small battery to complete the circuit. Then use a jumper set up for starting (i.e. two batteries on a cart with jumper cables.)

I was reading this thinking the same thing... it's not like you're gonna drive the thing to Montana and stop to go hiking or something... Stuff a plain-jane lead acid in there from a yugo or something, and jump start it from a stand by pack.

Are you running an alternator? I'm not a fan of underdrive pulley's but for a drag app, why even run any alternator at all? You really only need to stay running for what, 1-2 minutes tops? Heck just run one normal battery. Even with the computer, fuel pump and injectors running, one standard battery should keep that a float for several minutes.

There will be a 12v lithium ready VERY soon and can be ran with the stock alternator........ weight will be around 4lbs and put out tons more power than the stock battery.

There is a lithium ready now for the total loss applications now that the user can adjust the output voltage and fully regulate at that voltage. This battery weighs in at 6.5lbs.

Back