Looking for a good chassis ...

VaOutlaw

King of the dyno
Looking for either a Pro Stock or Pro Street chassis. If you have a good chassis for sale or know of one please PM me the information. Thanks.....

Pro stock and pro street are significantly different chassis, and safety commitments. Probably should look into each a bit more before you say either or.

You might try tracking down Kenny or Alex Laughlin and see if either of their Dr Performance Pro Stock trucks are still around. Last I heard they still owned them both but were wanting to sell them.

You might try tracking down Kenny or Alex Laughlin and see if either of their Dr Performance Pro Stock trucks are still around. Last I heard they still owned them both but were wanting to sell them.

Look on FB for Alex
I to am wondering what John is doing with his.

I would get a Pro Street 8.50-cert chassis. I paid 10K for this Nova as a roller after looking at absolute JUNK on ebay and racingjunk for 6 months. I tried to sell it, but I'm over it now, and not going to lose money on it, so I'm going to keep it, and mess with people around town here. It hooks on anything, even the street. Big tire cars/trucks rule!

nova.jpg

I would get a Pro Street 8.50-cert chassis. I paid 10K for this Nova as a roller after looking at absolute JUNK on ebay and racingjunk for 6 months. I tried to sell it, but I'm over it now, and not going to lose money on it, so I'm going to keep it, and mess with people around town here. It hooks on anything, even the street. Big tire cars/trucks rule!

nova.jpg

Id drive the chit out of that.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Did you check on the info / number I gave you? Not sure it's still for sale but its a damn nice Pro Street chassis truck weighing right at the NHRDA min. weight of 4500#. I built the back half myself, the truck works as well as the Black Truck I built that Ryan Bean now owns.

Tucker

Building a tube chassis gives you the options of where the front spindle to engine setback dimensions. Also placement of extra bracing for hi torque output engine. That's the route I went- we designed mine on paper first- starting with a clean sheet. I also had researched aerodynamic testing results altering the negative air drag at the cowl, and took full advantage of the results which involved cowl and hood modifications. I can put anyone in touch with the chassis guy who holds the copies of my chassis prints- I have copies off the master. He now runs R2B2 Race Cars- expect to pay TOP DOLLAR if you go the ground up route- I speak from that experience. I'm in @ over 80K and still need the damned transmission and some odds and ends. But Life comes first so I have to wait patiently to purchase each part for it. In the meantime I have a badasss Pro Mod Diesel waiting to be unleashed.

That and also keep in mind them ex-Pro Stockers were built for aluminum small block gassers- not inline diesels -so expect some major chassis mods for proper fitment along with tinwork mods.