Lopey Idle Tunes...

After Scheid this weekend I think I heard about 50 different trucks with lopey idle tunes:bang Am I the only one that thinks this is one of the dumbest things ever?:bang *bdh*:doh:

Nope not at all. The one that sat an idled all day long was the best. :umno:

I agree with you it is gay unless it is on a mechanical pumped truck.

Its not that I think its gay that a truck lopes. A lot of the pullers in the 2.8 class lope and sound awesome IMO, but I just think its so stupid to have a tune that makes it do that. Build it to run, and if it lopes then thats fine. But to have a tune that makes it do that is just kinda "ricer-ish" I think. For example there was a guy that pulled in the workstock finals. CC duramax with two miter cuts about about 4 foot above the cab. He left it runnin forever just sittin there loping, w/ the lopey idle tune:doh: I think I might clamp one of my injector lines shut so it will sound cool:umno:

I know Wade that was with me had just got EFI live was playing around with it so he may have just been trying it out to see what all he could do. But in most cases it is ricerish.

I deleted by mistake.. What I meant is what you said if it does it great but to make a tune just so it does it is kinda dumb. It's just a personal preference thing

Thats like mine loping with the smarty revo. I don't know why..it sounds cool, but its not like im running huge power, so when I'm sittin in the pits idling everybodies like, "You got a monster pump?'' When I tell them no they wont believe me..

After Scheid this weekend I think I heard about 50 different trucks with lopey idle tunes:bang Am I the only one that thinks this is one of the dumbest things ever?:bang *bdh*:doh:

To each his own.
I did the lopey idle thing once. It quickly annoyed the hell out of me. You would be suprised how many want a lopey idle, puff black smoke at start up tune. Not for me. My low compression, big injector pulling truck idles smoother than stock. Other than the haze out of the stack you would never guess it is radical as it is just listening to the idle.

There is a D-max around here that has that Idle but it happens when he turns a switch

there was a white d-max that loped like crazy and i think all he did was drive around the fair grounds. Everytime I turned around there he was. The truck caught some attention though.

I cant stand it when people drive around with lopey idle tunes all the time, and especially on the street. I personally think they sound like crap, and id rather hear a truck sit and idle smoothly in the 2.5/2.6 class. Especially when it is making all of 400hp.

Eric

x2 i think a lopey truck sounds like crap. Mine only does it when i turn my lift pump on. So i usally keep it off until i get in the urena then i turn it on so i dont forget. Plus when it lopes a little i know its working. I cant here it run so i just listen to my motor.

Ah yes the lopey idle, I agree to each his own however not for me. I have a buddy who wanted his LB7 do this, so I adjusted accordingly, 2 days later he had me put it back the way it was. He said man thats really annoying.

I really liked mine until I heard it on every truck this weekend. It has to be on switch so you can turn it off at a stop sign or traffic light. It definitely gets attention though and fools more than enough people - kind of like when the Cummins parking lot pipers pull the map sensor (is that the one) and blow excess smoke. Man than thing has to be fast! :bow:

I like it from time to time but to just have it sit and lope forever is ridiculous. It does sound pretty "mean" to me though in limited quantities even though most with much knowledge of the trucks knows its either the tune or the lift pump pressure too high and not actually a badass. :D

C-ya

heck ever since i swapped my hts trans and installed my 110 ddp's my truck will lope when it is cold and in gear with no throttle. i love the sounds but give it a little throttle or once she warms up she idles pretty smooth

heck ever since i swapped my hts trans and installed my 110 ddp's my truck will lope when it is cold and in gear with no throttle. i love the sounds but give it a little throttle or once she warms up she idles pretty smooth

After a HRVP And .093 Tubes Our 99 idles like that 95% of the time.
Come to a stop and you have to put it in Nuetral(Auto) or else it shakes the Hell out of the truck

Now thats a Chevy! I want to hear one of the trucks with the "lopey" tune....

Too constant. Sounds like a one of the injection lines is cracked open and its sucking air.....