Lopey Idle Tunes...

WITHOUT SPENDING ANY MONEY HOW CAN I GET MY 04.5 DODGE TO HAVE A NASTY IDLE ? I REALLY LIKE THAT SOUND = LET ME KNOW PLEASE

After a HRVP And .093 Tubes Our 99 idles like that 95% of the time.
Come to a stop and you have to put it in Nuetral(Auto) or else it shakes the Hell out of the truck

Thats on the 99... I dont know if you can get a CR to do that

i respect all ur guys's opinions in lopey idle but id like to do that to mine atleast until it gets annoying. how do i got about this.

To each his own.
I did the lopey idle thing once. It quickly annoyed the hell out of me. You would be suprised how many want a lopey idle, puff black smoke at start up tune. Not for me. My low compression, big injector pulling truck idles smoother than stock. Other than the haze out of the stack you would never guess it is radical as it is just listening to the idle.

Exactly!!

I dont know if its the lower compression or what, but mine idles smoother and quieter than stock as well...

ben

crank the rail pressure at idle with efilive.

step one: enjoy the "really cool, my truck is like those badass pullers" lope
step two: wreck the injectors
step three: eventually hurt the engine.

crank the rail pressure at idle with efilive.

step one: enjoy the "really cool, my truck is like those badass pullers" lope
step two: wreck the injectors
step three: eventually hurt the engine.

Or just adjust the throttle base injection at idle and fool the computer. Leave rail pressure and PW alone.

Yeah the truck in that vid sounds like total crap.:hehe:

Purehybrid, Powermax's truck sounds bad@ss but anyone that hears it and calls it a "sleeper" should have their head examined. It sounds like a pro stock tractor at idle and smokes just as bad.

Purehybrid, Powermax's truck sounds bad@ss but anyone that hears it and calls it a "sleeper" should have their head examined. It sounds like a pro stock tractor at idle and smokes just as bad.

what i was trying to say is that its better to have a sleeper than try and make your truck sound like the Powermax truck. does that make sense?

there was a white d-max that loped like crazy and i think all he did was drive around the fair grounds. Everytime I turned around there he was. The truck caught some attention though.

That same truck got chased off by the police during the final 2.6 and 2.8 pulls. I dont really know why but he was trying to leave and the police were walking/runing after him..

i respect all ur guys's opinions in lopey idle but id like to do that to mine atleast until it gets annoying. how do i got about this.

make some power and build a motor and then we will tell you, its just like posing and acting like you have something you dont, but its all the younger highschool kid style the want to look badass in front of there gf or buddy at the light.

make some power and build a motor and then we will tell you, its just like posing and acting like you have something you dont, but its all the younger highschool kid style the want to look badass in front of there gf or buddy at the light.

I happen to have a built motor that makes power, just trying to work the bugs out of it right now. It idles like a stock one. All my high school friends really like it. I might drive it to homecoming this year.:hehe:

A wise man once told me, some guys like big power, other just want to stuff a sock in their pants and call it good! For those who can't afford a $25k build, PM me, I'll help make your tune lope on a 01-05 motor, especially now that I know the Dodge boys don't like it! LOL

For example there was a guy that pulled in the workstock finals. CC duramax with two miter cuts about about 4 foot above the cab. He left it runnin forever just sittin there loping, w/ the lopey idle tune:doh: I think I might clamp one of my injector lines shut so it will sound cool:umno:

Used to tune that truck. Just another workstock duramax. :what:

For example there was a guy that pulled in the workstock finals. CC duramax with two miter cuts about about 4 foot above the cab. He left it runnin forever just sittin there loping, w/ the lopey idle tune:doh: I think I might clamp one of my injector lines shut so it will sound cool:umno:

That guys lives not to far from me, one of the guys I went to HS with works for him. I think the 4 foot tall stacks tell his intelligence level anyway. And yes I believe it is EFILive that he has I know it has a 3 position switch, which I have heard you can get with EFI...Gets annoying after a little bit.

Rick

Drive it in town for about 10-15mins and u will be very annoyed.

Mine does it at idle and I like it! It's built into my big efilive tune. I have two tunes on a switch so this way if I hear the idle I know I'm in the big tune or more importantly if someone else is in the truck I can tell which tune is in just by listening to it. My truck also goes into an automatic high idle so it doesn't sit there and lope for very long. the only thing I would change about it is if it could do a more erratic lope instead of the one it does.

personaly i think it sound cool ive heard a lb7 that has it up close and i know he has it on a switch, do any of you guys know how i would be able to put it on a switch