Loping Idle

Injectors should be getting pulled today and having the compression test done if the weather will clear up some.

If it is the HG what is a good "ballpark" price to have a machine shop ring the head?

mine lope came back:bang no codes gona clean map sensor and check rail pressure connections might swap out the sensor, its worse now then ever extremely lopey at idle.

i noticed that the lope is mainely with the ats kit wonder its cause the new location of the rail sensor?

i noticed that the lope is mainely with the ats kit wonder its cause the new location of the rail sensor?

Could be. In general dual CP3's is just more that could go wrong. IMO the ATS kit is the most popular so you will hear more wrong with them. However that isn't the problem on mine because (1) it still lopes with the top pump completely disconnected and (2) my rail sensor is back on the rail thanks to T&C's 5 way adapter.

The thunderstorms knocked out my power this afternoon (it's still out 7 hours later!) so hopefully I'll be able to find out if it is the HG tomorrow!

Just for an update the cause of these problems (hopefully) was that the #1 injector was bad. On a CR bench test that injector showed basically no fuel flowing at idle, but in higher pressures it would start to come to life. The compression test showed everything to be good thankfully. I'm sending all 6 injectors to II to have each tested and their going to warranty the bad injector out. Hopefully I can get the truck up and running the middle of next week.

So which test should be done when putting new nozzles on? When I pull the injectors I want to make sure everything is still good. Compression test or flow, or are they considered the same?

So which test should be done when putting new nozzles on? When I pull the injectors I want to make sure everything is still good. Compression test or flow, or are they considered the same?

Call Todd at T&C and see if you can borrow one of his compression test tools. Its basically just the shape of an injector that has a air hose fitting on the end instead of the solenoid. All you do is install the test tool and fill your air compressor up as high as it will go. Let it sit there for 5-8 minutes and you should lose very little, if any, PSI from the air tank. If you lose a lot of air you have a problem.