Lowered 4WD

We lowered our truck 3" in the front and 5 in the rear. We did old school way , cut out 1 1/2 coils out of front and removed rear blocks and 1 leaf out of pack. We had to make shorter track bar , shocks and alignment then we put on mt drag radials. the truck picked up a 1/2 second.

P9060316.jpg

Hey Randy are yall running a 4-link ?

Hey Randy are yall running a 4-link ?

no it is stock suspension in the rear with traction bars. we 60 foot in the 1.65's pretty consistant leaving at 20 lbs of boost. not the fastest truck but very consistand and reliable.

Looks good Randy. You going to bring that up to Blackout next year?

Kevin

Should, I have talked to the boys from coilspring.com, nice guys. just a bit over 240 for a set of springs to the height that you want

Kevin

thats who i am going to go with pretty soon. i cut mine about and inch and took out all the springs except the main 3 and built a small block.

Looks good Randy. You going to bring that up to Blackout next year?

Kevin

Yes the truck should be at both medicine hat and august blackout next year. looking forward to seeing if we can beat the National Record Holder :ft:

LOL, bring it on. I will be faster next year,, turbo and all....lol. I have a few things to do this winter so it will be fun. I hope to see a bit of you guys next year, all things being good. I would like to take in a race or 2 south of the border too

Kevin

If you joined this thread to bash somebody elses work your fighting a battle you can't win. I don't agree with the personal attacks and you won't find me trying to bash someone elses work to make myself feel better about being alive.

Agreed.....quit being an ass, Forrest.

randy or luke how do the trucks ride know,and did lowering help drop 60ft times...

ride

The ride isnt bad really. Cant tell on the 60ft times as i havent made it to the track yet. Putting in a 3000 stahl from Dave and should be headed to the track in the next couple of weeks. ill let you know then.
Luke

M sorry, pleeze forgive me! I repent! :( :( :(
cheap glued on chrome looks awesome!!!!

Glad you see things my way! Truth be known I'm scared to see what's behind the rocker panels as the truck came from the north. I'm hoping to get it painted white this winter then I'm gonna rhino line the rocker panels and then I can ride around and make fun of everybody else with chrome and see how many times I can make myself look like an ass

randy or luke how do the trucks ride know,and did lowering help drop 60ft times...

Hard to say really because we lowered it and put on the drag radials at the same time.

I think the drag radials helped out on the 60 foot times and i believe the lowering helped out on 1/4 mile times because of better aerodynamics.

LOL, bring it on. I will be faster next year,, turbo and all....lol. I have a few things to do this winter so it will be fun. I hope to see a bit of you guys next year, all things being good. I would like to take in a race or 2 south of the border too

Kevin

We will be ready to race you next year. but if your truck does go faster we will be hoping to see a red light in your lane. If not we will probally be following your tail lights down the track.

Either way we dont care we just want to go drag racing and have a great time doing it.:tree:

Back