Making the truck last

justindiiorio

I have my truck in my sig and it has just rolled over 270,000 miles. I am needing it to last atleast to when i grad college in 2 years. I change the maintenece every 4000 miles, what else do yall recommend I do to the truck inorder to prolong its life? Its sitting on 35 inch tires right now, i am going to downsize my next go around to 33's. It has only an edge comp on it right now, I have an extra stock set of injectors that i was going to put 75-100 hp nozzels on, but the trans is stock*bdh*, if those two are all the mods that will be ran on the truck (plus the supporting mods) what kind of trans upgrades will I be looking at? Dont really have a BIG budget.

Anything will help guys thanks.

Leave it the hell alone. Other than a fuel system, intake, and exhaust leave the thing alone.

About $4700 will get you a rebuild, triple disk, vb, flexplate and billet input. All you have to do is install it.

Damn that's definitely not going to be in my budget anytime soon. Would my
Mods really need a trans that stout, I just had a stock rebuild in January also.

You have a comp. That's all you need to tow with. Anything more than that and your egt's are going to be to hot to do anything with. Put a valvebody in and leave the rest of the truck alone.

A comp and 40hp injectors will peg an egt gauge in a heartbeat much less a set of 75-100hp nozzles. So in order to cool that down your going to need a new turbo. Well at that point your past what just a valvebody could handle so now your going to need a new transmission. You get where I'm going with this?

Yes sir, one thing just leads to another it's never ending, guess the mods are just going to have to wait the longevity ofthe truck must come first. I wasn't aware that an edge comp and a set of rv-275's would make the egt run through the roof, what else could be done to calm egts without exceeding the vb mod.

Leave the wire untapped on the comp and run the 275's. Solid 300hp/700tq combo, very clean, great mileage, very smooth, won't stress the tranny or the turbo. I miss my ez/275 combo. I was knocking down 21mpg and was barely touching 1000* at WOT. For a reliable tow vehicle on a budget you can't beat an ez/275 combo.

How much $$ are you working with? I'd go with a good goerend TC, VB, ccp injectors and 62mm range turbo. You should be able to get the turbo used to save money. Others I'd get new.

I don't have a pocket full of cash to spend on the truck, just kinda pick stuff up from paycheck to paycheck

also how do y'all feel about farm boy diesel 50 horse injectors they are somewhat cheaper than The rv's

You can pick up rv's for $300 brand new. And there's a pretty good chance those are rv's as well.

I have my truck in my sig and it has just rolled over 270,000 miles. I am needing it to last atleast to when i grad college in 2 years. I change the maintenece every 4000 miles, what else do yall recommend I do to the truck inorder to prolong its life? Its sitting on 35 inch tires right now, i am going to downsize my next go around to 33's. It has only an edge comp on it right now, I have an extra stock set of injectors that i was going to put 75-100 hp nozzels on, but the trans is stock*bdh*, if those two are all the mods that will be ran on the truck (plus the supporting mods) what kind of trans upgrades will I be looking at? Dont really have a BIG budget.

Anything will help guys thanks.

Filtration.

Add a bypass filter kit for the engine oil. Spend the dough on good oil and filters, and not just whats on sale.

Do oil analysis on every oil change, or every other, or at least every 3rd.

Add additional fuel filters (through a FASS or Airdog system, or just a new filter head and add your own filter.. that's that I did.)

When you notice a leak, fix the damn thing. Axle seals will ruin brakes, for example, and it is a heck of a lot easier to spot a problem on a CLEAN truck than one that's covered in oil and junk.

Make sure the temp is fully up before you hammer on the the truck. Make sure the pyro is below 300 before you shut it off. It all helps.

PM Lavon Miller LAMiller about a valve body I have one of his in my Tow Pig and and I've ridden and driven in trucks with Goerend & ATS transmissions and it is just as good for a more budget friendly price. :rockwoot:

PM Lavon Miller LAMiller about a valve body I have one of his in my Tow Pig and and I've ridden and driven in trucks with Goerend & ATS transmissions and it is just as good for a more budget friendly price. :rockwoot:

hmmm, I might pm him myself. Thanks for the info

On this what filter do u recommend? I use wix everytime. Also what do u mean get the oil analyzed? Also I have a raptor so do I need an online filter for it?

Filtration.

Add a bypass filter kit for the engine oil. Spend the dough on good oil and filters, and not just whats on sale.

Do oil analysis on every oil change, or every other, or at least every 3rd.

Add additional fuel filters (through a FASS or Airdog system, or just a new filter head and add your own filter.. that's that I did.)

When you notice a leak, fix the damn thing. Axle seals will ruin brakes, for example, and it is a heck of a lot easier to spot a problem on a CLEAN truck than one that's covered in oil and junk.

Make sure the temp is fully up before you hammer on the the truck. Make sure the pyro is below 300 before you shut it off. It all helps.

Yes it will assuming the rest of the trans is in good shape.

Bypass filters for the oil and constant oil analysis are overkill IMO.

Blackstone Labs
Standard Analysis

Nothing wrong with a wix. I'm a big fan of baldwin/fleetguard.

If you really want to learn more about oil, oil analysis, and filters... check out the forum - Bob is the Oil Guy

You can spend days reading... Really a lot of good info.

Does the raptor have spin on filters on it already? Or is it just a pump?

Last edited:
Just a pump. Like fass's hpfp.

I've run wix for 220k miles and my motor is still running good with no blow by and its seen a lot more abuse than yours.