Making the truck last

Wix is the best filter I have ever tried. You want reliability but you wnat power. They usually do not go hand in hand without a lot of maintenace or being able to fix things that break.

Save your money for two years and get a good job. Then worry about getting more power.

We have a Duramax at work with 580K miles on it, 2 6.5L's with 650k, and another 6.5L with 785k. All on original engines, all have had Baldwin filters and Bulldog oil since brand new. And they are all bone stock.

Simple rule. Fast and reliable is not cheap. Cheap and reliable is not fast. Fast and cheap is not reliable. You have to choose where you want to be.

Well I got about 1500 to spend on my trans, was going to go with dtt single disk tc and the htt shift kit. I called them and they said there single wouldn't hold, the comp, 100 hp injectors (just installed), hx 35/40, Qnybody used them lately?

My Dtt single has held up to everything. I have a couple of friends with years of 600hp and hundreds of 12sec runs on their single disc. I was told that Dtt isn't building as good a single as they used to though.

You should be able to get a tripple disk and VB if you save up a couple more $100