manual trans

Some won't even touch cast. The ones that do would be pricey. It would only be a deal if you could do it yourself. You have to preheat, postheat and buy expensive nickel rods. You could try it cold and only weld a little at time allowing to cool in between. Then theres the old redneck way; hit it with 7018 and hope it holds! I've read a bunch on it, but it looks like a huge PITA.

The bell housing is aluminum, any one with a tig welder can fix it. Hardest thing to fix cast is exhaust manifolds because of the heat cycles.

The bell housing is aluminum, any one with a tig welder can fix it. Hardest thing to fix cast is exhaust manifolds because of the heat cycles.

If he were closer I could fix it in a day and he should never have another problem ....... hell I weld tounges back on after the dumb as* driver jack knifes the damn thing around corners .... LOL ..... OOPS !!!!!!!

BUT he's not near me to help so ..... guess finding another unit is a must

I wasn't thinking about it being aluminum. It is still cast so the heat cycle is applicable. From what I read you have to clean it forever as oil soaks into it. Good thing I passed!